PDA

View Full Version : Visualogic head rest DVD and NAV screen question

mim3
12-15-2004, 12:38 PM
Hi Everyone,

I will soon have the new 9" DVD/headrest system from the folks at Trail Duty. Is it possible to run the DVD video out to the NAV panel? I suspect so, as I have seen posts where the NAV screen has been used with a back up camera.

Curious how good the video quality is and what parts I will need?

Also, has anyone attempted to "unlock" the DVD NAV function on an '05 system (like on a Caddy)?

Thanks in advance for the help!

mim3
Hi Everyone,

I will soon have the new 9" DVD/headrest system from the folks at Trail Duty. Is it possible to run the DVD video out to the NAV panel? I suspect so, as I have seen posts where the NAV screen has been used with a back up camera.

Also, has anyone attempted to "unlock" the DVD NAV function on an '05 system (like on a Caddy)?

mim3
Hi Everyone,

DPrice
12-15-2004, 05:26 PM
Yes, it will work. I purchased the GM2 module from www.jpcustoms.com (http://www.jpcustoms.com) to accomplish this.

The video quality is exceptional on the TNR radio. Just make sure you have the correct module for your radio.

I have the TNR radio in my 05 SUT with Tracvision Directv satellite.

mim3
12-15-2004, 11:58 PM
DPrice, Thanks.

I also have the TNR in '05SUV. Can you direct me to the correct part number? Also, what do you "do" to get the video to display.

Thanks.

mim3
12-16-2004, 12:00 AM
Found the GM2...$395, thats pricey!

NuckinFuts
12-16-2004, 03:45 AM
I'm doing the same thing on my H2. My PAC GM2 will be here Friday, and to my suprise when I picked up my H2 today GM was giving away the Visualogic 7" system. I already bought the 9" system about two weeks ago, but the system from GM came with all kinds of plug-n-play wiring and mounting brackets to install the DVD player into the center console so I'll be stealing these and ditching the monitors. I bought my GM2 from JP Customs as well, and they said it works great!

Good Luck

DPrice
12-16-2004, 09:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mim3:
DPrice, Thanks.

What do you "do" to get the video to display.

Thanks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had a toggle switch placed in my "empty" switch holder where the Air Suspension button usually is. When the system is powered "ON" it forces the display to show the video feed, in the OFF position, the nav/cd/xm display is shown. I am really impressed with the quality of the picture.

As for the $395 cost, still cheaper than adding another monitor that is going to look ugly as hell anywhere but in dash.

The TNR radio requires the GM2. The INR radio requires the GM1.