PDA

View Full Version : Battery Discharge

Winneconne
03-20-2006, 06:49 PM
Has anyone experienced battery discharge. If so can you recommend a replace type for both. Thanks

ssgharkness020147
03-21-2006, 03:28 AM
Batteries will go bad over time, especially with having a glow plug system. I believe the best battery for the HUMMER is the Optima yellow top. Optima reccomends the red top because of their high power output, however they can only be discharged a few times before they are ruined. The yellow can be discharged a couple hundred times before its toast. Did you install anything recently? I think you were talking about putting some lights on??? If you have installed anything recently I would reccomend doing a parasitic draw test on the circut and see if its pulling any type of draw.

ssgharkness020147
03-21-2006, 03:30 AM
Oh yeah, Sams club has optimas for the lowest price, from what I am told. And if you have an electric winch you NEED a yellow top battery the red is not going to last with a winch.

Winneconne
03-21-2006, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the tips. I appreciate your input, and will check out the batteries you suggested.

I did in install a window guard, built by rubber duck, Travis last week, but have not purchased the lights. So I am thinking the batteries are just tired, and will not maintain a charge.

ssgharkness020147
03-22-2006, 07:58 AM
What kind of lights are you going to put on, are you going to use a lightbar?

Winneconne
03-24-2006, 04:51 PM
I don't have lights picked out yet. I was thinking of a PIAA ? With up to 6 light possible, I am looking to be cost effective.