PDA

View Full Version : Warn 9.5ti multi mount for the H2

oma
04-09-2004, 09:22 PM
I have been reading through the hundreds of pages of messages posted on this topic. Can anyone tell me if the new 9.5ti for the H2 still needs a hole drilled in the carrier? One of the posts mentioned $250 to install? Does this sound right? The Hummer dealer I'm talking to tells me it will take 8 hours and I'll be paying a lot more than $250. How long should this take? I know there is a lot involved with the power points, so I want some opinions on having the dealer versus a 4x4 shop do it.

oma
I have been reading through the hundreds of pages of messages posted on this topic. Can anyone tell me if the new 9.5ti for the H2 still needs a hole drilled in the carrier? One of the posts mentioned $250 to install? Does this sound right? The Hummer dealer I'm talking to tells me it will take 8 hours and I'll be paying a lot more than $250. How long should this take? I know there is a lot involved with the power points, so I want some opinions on having the dealer versus a 4x4 shop do it.

oma

oma
04-09-2004, 09:23 PM
Sorry, I ment to put a link to Warn for those who may not have seen it.

http://www.warn.com/truck/winches/portable/9ti_h2_hummer.shtml

DRTYFN
04-09-2004, 10:14 PM
8 HOURS?!!!! Are they letting a 3rd grader do the install?
I took about 15-20 mins to run and zip-tie the powerlines for front & back. The line to the rear was run on top of the driver's side frame rail.
It took about 45 minutes to mount the ends of the powerleads.
And it took roughly 1 1/2 hours to mount the solenoid, wire it and mount the on/off switch.
That's slighly less than 8 hours.

The multi-mount does need to be drilled for it to be usable in the fron receiver.

Find a good offroad shop and get them to install it for you. They''l be more than happy to do it, and they'll most likely have more experience.

Tell your dealer to blow it out their ass. Gouging bastards.

RonB
04-09-2004, 11:01 PM
the multi-mount I got from warn needed a virticle hole drilled to match the pin/hole in the front reciever (there was already a horizontal hole in the multi-mount for the rear hitch).

Dirty is right, you are getting ripped, especially if you are only wiring the front.

Ron

oma
04-09-2004, 11:33 PM
That amount of time was for front and rear, but I cannot see where doing both would add that much more time.

DRTYFN
04-10-2004, 05:10 AM
DID YOU READ WHAT I JUST SAID??? IT DOESN'T!!!

oma
04-10-2004, 02:21 PM
YES OK GOT IT.

However, after reading posts from this thread: http://elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=5106011751&m=137109505 I think I'll reconsider the multi mount and look at other options. Thanks for all the input.