PDA

View Full Version : new brushguard

RonB
09-22-2003, 03:33 AM
was out today at Gorman and ran into two H2's (very cool, the first I've ever seen off-road, and I am there at least twice a month). One of them had a pretty cool brush guard -- he made it in his shop! Looks great and it was way solid. I have been looking for this style and haven't fount one yet...I like the SMA too, any feedback on that one?
thought you'd like to see the picture.

RonB
09-22-2003, 03:33 AM
was out today at Gorman and ran into two H2's (very cool, the first I've ever seen off-road, and I am there at least twice a month). One of them had a pretty cool brush guard -- he made it in his shop! Looks great and it was way solid. I have been looking for this style and haven't fount one yet...I like the SMA too, any feedback on that one?
thought you'd like to see the picture.

DRTYFN
09-22-2003, 04:46 AM
Looks like a stock wrap-around with an extension and a glossy powdercoating.

DURAMAX TIM
09-22-2003, 07:06 AM
I wouldn't want to mount to top of hood.
Hit a deer and get some hair on bumper and put a new hood on it.

RonB
09-22-2003, 01:23 PM
I was also concerned about mounting to the hood, and extra damage if something was hit -- that's why I was looking at the SMA drop-down, which I think is frame mounted. Aren't the stock brushguards mounted to the hood? I guess it would have to be if it opens with the hood. What I liked about this one was the thicker tubing.

ron b

Circuitguy
09-22-2003, 02:35 PM
DRTYFN,

You took the words right out of my mouth! But I kinda like it... BIG-C

White 03-H2-LUX

<a target="_blank" href="http://www.gstyle4u.com">
http://www.elcova.com/h2/gstyle2.gif</a>

Dan
09-22-2003, 03:10 PM
I like those grab handles too. They look better than the wimpy plastic ones. Wonder if those are custom too?

- Dan

-------------------------------------------------
SUT on order since 12/02 - 9 months to go!
-------------------------------------------------

TBarrow
09-23-2003, 08:31 AM
Light Mounts??

Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Xenarc HID, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, 2-7" screens in headrests with DVD player and TV Tuner.