PDA

View Full Version : All Open Campains on 2003 H2 Here...

www.TheLAPD.com
10-25-2003, 05:43 AM
Dear Fellow H2 Hummer Owners,

I was checking our GM online service manual for open campains (recalls) and here is what I have come up with:

Product Safety - Windshield Wiper Motor Failure #02051 - (12/16/2002)
02051 -- Windshield Wiper Motor Failure
2003 HUMMER H2

Condition
General Motors has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2003 model year HUMMER H2 vehicles. Some of these vehicles have a condition where the windshield wiper motor may fail during use because of improper manufacture. If this were to occur in severe weather, driver visibility could be reduced, which could result in a vehicle crash without prior warning.

Correction
Dealers are to inspect the wiper motor assembly, and replace if necessary.

F/CMVSS Noncompliance - Transmission Shift Interlock and Ignition Key Removal Override Compliance #03012 - (05/22/2003)
03012 - Transmission Shift Lock and Ignition Key Removal Override Compliance
2002-2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer EXT

2002-2003 GMC Envoy, Envoy XL

2002-2003 Oldsmobile Bravada

2003 HUMMER H2

Condition
General Motors has decided that certain 2002-2003 model year Chevrolet TrailBlazer and TrailBlazer EXT; GMC Envoy and Envoy XL; Oldsmobile Bravada; and 2003 model year HUMMER H2 vehicles fail to conform to Federal/Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 114, Theft Protection. These vehicles are equipped with a mechanical override that could allow the ignition key to be removed with the shift lever in a position other than PARK. In addition, these vehicles have an override that can allow the transmission to be shifted out of PARK with the ignition in the OFF position. These overrides are not permitted unless the vehicles has a locking steering column.

Correction
Dealers are to eliminate these conditions by disabling the overrides, and if necessary, inserting a revised page in the owner's manual.

Customer Satisfaction - Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) System Inoperative #03011 - (03/06/2003)
03011 -- Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) System Inoperative
2003 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade EXT, Escalade ESV

2003 Chevrolet Silverado, Avalanche, Tahoe, Suburban

2003 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL

2003 HUMMER H2

Condition
On some 2003 model year Cadillac Escalade, Escalade EXT, and Escalade ESV; Chevrolet Silverado, Avalanche, Tahoe, and Suburban; GMC Sierra, Yukon, and Yukon XL; and HUMMER H2 vehicles, the passenger door module (PDM) may become inoperative. An inoperative PDM would cause loss of function for the remote keyless entry, front passenger power window, lock, mirror and heated seat functions.

Correction
Dealers are to reprogram the PDM.

Hope this helps you guys.

I will keep you up to date on all future campaigns that I may find.

If you have a 2003 H2, I would take these campaign numbers to your local dealer and make sure that your H2 is not affected by any of these problems.

Shawn

"Your Speeding Ticket To The Finish Line."
The Los Angeles Performance Division
4854 Van Nuys Blvd. Suite # 5
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
Toll-Free: (877) THE-LAPD (843-5273)
Local: (818) 501-DYNO (3966)
Email: Sales@TheLAPD.com
Business Hours:
Monday-Friday: 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Pacific Time
Saturday-Sunday: Closed

WE ARE IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH THE LOS ANGELES POLICE DEPARTMENT.

www.TheLAPD.com
10-25-2003, 05:43 AM
Dear Fellow H2 Hummer Owners,

I was checking our GM online service manual for open campains (recalls) and here is what I have come up with:

Product Safety - Windshield Wiper Motor Failure #02051 - (12/16/2002)
02051 -- Windshield Wiper Motor Failure
2003 HUMMER H2

Condition
General Motors has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2003 model year HUMMER H2 vehicles. Some of these vehicles have a condition where the windshield wiper motor may fail during use because of improper manufacture. If this were to occur in severe weather, driver visibility could be reduced, which could result in a vehicle crash without prior warning.

Correction
Dealers are to inspect the wiper motor assembly, and replace if necessary.

F/CMVSS Noncompliance - Transmission Shift Interlock and Ignition Key Removal Override Compliance #03012 - (05/22/2003)
03012 - Transmission Shift Lock and Ignition Key Removal Override Compliance
2002-2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer EXT

2002-2003 GMC Envoy, Envoy XL

2002-2003 Oldsmobile Bravada

2003 HUMMER H2

Condition
General Motors has decided that certain 2002-2003 model year Chevrolet TrailBlazer and TrailBlazer EXT; GMC Envoy and Envoy XL; Oldsmobile Bravada; and 2003 model year HUMMER H2 vehicles fail to conform to Federal/Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 114, Theft Protection. These vehicles are equipped with a mechanical override that could allow the ignition key to be removed with the shift lever in a position other than PARK. In addition, these vehicles have an override that can allow the transmission to be shifted out of PARK with the ignition in the OFF position. These overrides are not permitted unless the vehicles has a locking steering column.

Correction
Dealers are to eliminate these conditions by disabling the overrides, and if necessary, inserting a revised page in the owner's manual.

Customer Satisfaction - Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) System Inoperative #03011 - (03/06/2003)
03011 -- Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) System Inoperative
2003 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade EXT, Escalade ESV

2003 Chevrolet Silverado, Avalanche, Tahoe, Suburban

2003 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL

2003 HUMMER H2

Condition
On some 2003 model year Cadillac Escalade, Escalade EXT, and Escalade ESV; Chevrolet Silverado, Avalanche, Tahoe, and Suburban; GMC Sierra, Yukon, and Yukon XL; and HUMMER H2 vehicles, the passenger door module (PDM) may become inoperative. An inoperative PDM would cause loss of function for the remote keyless entry, front passenger power window, lock, mirror and heated seat functions.

Correction
Dealers are to reprogram the PDM.

Hope this helps you guys.

I will keep you up to date on all future campaigns that I may find.

If you have a 2003 H2, I would take these campaign numbers to your local dealer and make sure that your H2 is not affected by any of these problems.

Shawn

Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
Business Hours:

crash
10-25-2003, 02:26 PM
You have to remeber, just because there is a recall does not mean every rig falls under it...

certified H2 tech. troll http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

www.TheLAPD.com
10-25-2003, 02:41 PM
crash,

Yes sir, I understand that, but I wanted to post this info so that 2003 H2 owners can get their vehicle VIN numbers checked to see if their H2s are affected by any of the open campaigns I listed above. Frequently, GM vehicle owners will NOT be notified by mail that their specific vehicle needs to be taken to their dealer for the specific repair. I just wanted to make sure everyone gets their H2s taken care of. It is very common for a vehicle owner not to know that there is an open campaign and I just wanted to help out forum members.

Shawn

Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
Business Hours:

DRTYFN
10-27-2003, 05:16 PM
Thanks for being the recall police. I think our respective Hummer dealers are probably on top of the recall notices.
Stop trying to suck up to the H2 owners in an attempt to gain their confidence so they'll buy **** from you.
If you want to try to lure people to your website do it the right way-
PAY TO ADVERTISE!!!!!

Buckeye Hummer
10-27-2003, 07:17 PM
Hey, where's our new moderator? Oh he's out getting his new pavement princess rebuffed http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Steve, when you're done shining your H2 that is no longer for off-road use, can you please get back to work? I think even Jason is asleep at the wheel on this one.

Centerfire
10-27-2003, 08:24 PM
I don't know a thing about recalls but how about my web site www.popguns.com (http://www.popguns.com) wouldn't mind some free advertising as well..

Mike

DRTYFN
10-27-2003, 11:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Centerfire:
I don't know a thing about recalls but how about my web site http://www.popguns.com wouldn't mind some free advertising as well..

Mike<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The difference is that you didn't start whoring your products on your 1st post and your site isn't automotively oriented.

By the way, NICE!!!! Do we get the H2 discount? Do you sell ammo or just brass?

HUMMERDOGG
10-29-2003, 12:22 AM
Just in case no one knows...

We are having an estate garage sale this weekend at the house. Feel free to come by and buy whatever you want. Information is as follows:

The Hernandez Estate Sale
1625 South Main
Houston, Tx 77019

We'll open up Saturday morning at 8:00 A.M. CST and run for 24 hours straight thru to Sunday morning at 8:00 A.M. CST so that anyone who needs to can have time to go home and freshen up before morning mass. Yes, we are Catholic and for any of you Catholics out there, we will have some wonderful candles for sale, signed by the Pope himself when we vistited the Vatican last summer. And speaking of the Vatican, my wife just so happens to be a travel agent and can get you the best deal out there on a round trip ticket to Italy to visit the Vatican. She also has discounted fees for lodging and transportation so feel free to give her a call at 1.800.RUNUOVER. Speaking of call, I have some discounted calling cards I can provide you guys at a special H2 Source Forum rate that you won't see any where else in Americ......

*NO LONGER A member of the "No Hummer Krew"*

HUMMERDOGG
10-29-2003, 12:23 AM
The above "blatant advertisement" was not endorsed by Jason or Steve R... Please disregard it...

*NO LONGER A member of the "No Hummer Krew"*

Centerfire
10-29-2003, 11:26 AM
Darn it.. I so wanted to be a whore.. High priced mind you .. but still a whore.. Yep we do not show any automotive products on line .. however we do handle many products because we outfit trucks/SUV for hunts etc..

Yes we sell full line of Firearms, ammuntion, accessories. Never thought about an H2 owner discount. but what the hell .. why not.. Mike<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRTYFN:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Centerfire:
I don't know a thing about recalls but how about my web site http://www.popguns.com wouldn't mind some free advertising as well..

Mike<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The difference is that you didn't start whoring your products on your 1st post and your site isn't automotively oriented.

By the way, NICE!!!! Do we get the H2 discount? Do you sell ammo or just brass?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

www.TheLAPD.com
10-29-2003, 05:19 PM
Guys,

We have been in contact with Jason Rosoff since last week and we are in talks in becoming a supporting vendor on this site.

We haven't launched our H2 site as of yet. We haven't advertised any products. We have just posted info that may help you whether it be recall info, DOT news, etc.

Is that wrong? I don't know why some have lashed out against us so strongly. The comments that DRTYFN in particular has posted towards us has demonstrated the type of individual he is. That is all I can really say. I am sure if he continues, the moderators will address it.

Maybe Jason can come on and vouch for us that we have contacted him in becoming a supporting vendor.

In the meantime, we are just trying to participate in H2 discussion and that is the extent of us being here at this time.

Thanks!

Shawn

Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
Business Hours:

JohnS
10-31-2003, 11:45 PM
Shawn,

I too had similar issues as you when I first got my H2. I think our problem is we both have C5 backgrounds. Its not the same driving from one to the other! I still have issues with the H2 feeling a bit underpowered (but I tow a lot).

As far as the negative comments, don't take it personal - this forum is just not as "nice" as the Corvetteforum.com. No offense intended for anyone but this forum seems to produce a lot of sarcastic responses.

For those of you who do not know Shawn, he is an outstanding vendor on the Corvetteforum and would be a great addition here.

JohnS

*** I don't know how this got on this thread, I was responding to your H2 evaluation thread.

www.TheLAPD.com
11-03-2003, 08:37 PM
JohnS,

Thank you for the compliments and for the praise.

I really appreciate it.

Yes, I am used to our C5's power, but I look at the H2 very subjectively and put it into perspective which you really have to do when going from a C5, Z06 to a big SUV. All I can say is that I love the way the H2 drives and the way it feels. I just love driving it because it is very comfortable.

We dynoed our 2001 C5 coupe on Saturday and it put down 551 rwhp and 593.8 rwtq.

The car is a monster now, but we want more!!

Shawn