PDA

View Full Version : Oil pressure/filter

LasVegas
01-13-2005, 12:29 AM
Interesting phenomenon. Had the oil/filter changed about 3 weeks ago. Using Mobile synthetic. After the oil change I noticed the oil pressure going as low as 20 lbs at idle after warmup. Other days it would stay around 30. At speed normal at a little above 40 lbs. I went back to them and asked them to change the oil filter and they assured me the oil change had nothing to do with it. Today I was sitting at a stop light at 20 lbs. B.S. Went back and told them to change the filter. They again said it had nothing to do with it but they would change it. They did and now the pressure is as its always been...around 35 lbs at idle. Obviously something strange in the oil filter. Just a heads up if anybody has this happen.

LasVegas
Interesting phenomenon. Had the oil/filter changed about 3 weeks ago. Using Mobile synthetic. After the oil change I noticed the oil pressure going as low as 20 lbs at idle after warmup. Other days it would stay around 30. At speed normal at a little above 40 lbs. I went back to them and asked them to change the oil filter and they assured me the oil change had nothing to do with it. Today I was sitting at a stop light at 20 lbs. B.S. Went back and told them to change the filter. They again said it had nothing to do with it but they would change it. They did and now the pressure is as its always been...around 35 lbs at idle. Obviously something strange in the oil filter. Just a heads up if anybody has this happen.

LasVegas

intimidator
01-13-2005, 08:53 AM
hey vegas what brand of filter was it?

LasVegas
01-13-2005, 04:31 PM
I really didn't pay attention to that. But it's the same place that always changes my oil.

intimidator
01-13-2005, 09:31 PM
thanks . i always use ac delco anyway.

RIC-H0
01-13-2005, 09:43 PM
Kinda related to this post was oil leaking from my '03 H2. Whenever I would park on an incline, facing up, I would notice a puddle of oil. I took it in to get it checked out, and they(KB) said it was residual from my last oil change. When the oil was drained, it would puddle on the skid plate, and wouldn't drain off unless the vehicle was at an angle. Thus, the puddle when parked on an incline!
Kinda makes sense, so the next time I have my oil changed, I will remove my skidplate prior to taking it in!

Just an FYI...

Ric-H2

mbdougl
01-14-2005, 12:28 AM
That same thing used to happen to my Silverado. Before I would go through the trouble of removing the skid plate I think I might just ask them to wipe up the oil that spilled onto the skidplate http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif