PDA

View Full Version : HUMMER ... It's not your daddy's truck ...

Bill Kervaski
11-12-2002, 10:49 PM
I've heard a lot of people refer to the HUMMER as a truck. I say we start a trend right here and now that the HUMMER is just that, a HUMMER.

(I feel dirty when I call it a truck - and it looks at me funny ...)

Any takers?

- Bill

Bill Kervaski
11-12-2002, 10:49 PM
I've heard a lot of people refer to the HUMMER as a truck. I say we start a trend right here and now that the HUMMER is just that, a HUMMER.

(I feel dirty when I call it a truck - and it looks at me funny ...)

Any takers?

- Bill

HummerGirl
11-12-2002, 11:06 PM
I call mine a truck. I have not gotten bitten yet when I reach for the door handle.

But I see where you are coming from...it's not an SUV but not a truck either. There's nothing like it...duh...LIKE NOTHING ELSE!!!

~amy
Reality is merely a crutch for those with a broken imagination.~anon.

http://www.CelestialBath.com

Texas Red
11-12-2002, 11:21 PM
I call my H2 Baby. Like, I walk out of the house and say, "How's my Baby this morning?" Then she smiles at me with that big chrome grin. But that's all just between me and her.

Jim
Red H2 in Texas

HummerGirl
11-12-2002, 11:45 PM
/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

~amy

Zing
11-12-2002, 11:45 PM
I had this conversation with the friend the other day. We ended up calling it a "rig".

HummerGirl
11-13-2002, 12:09 AM
Someone tried to be "cute" the other day and called it a "Humm-dinger"...

I kept slappin' my knee all the way home while rolling my eyeballs.

some people just don't get it.

~amy

h2fan
11-13-2002, 08:15 AM
how about sur [sport utility rig]

Dan
11-13-2002, 09:56 AM
Around here people generally refer to their SUV as a 'truck'. Not too crazy about that, especially the wimpy ones. I say call the HUMMER what it is - a HUMMER.

ex:
"Im going to the store and Im taking the HUMMER"
or
"Dad, can I take the HUMMER to school?"

That only leaves what the SUT will be called...
- Dan

HummerGirl
11-13-2002, 11:05 AM
sounds like we got the same deal H2fan.

I might get you to pick up one of those gas caps...having trouble finding them around here. No PEP boys here. But one about an hour away and it is the most boring drive to get it.

I'll let you know. I would pay you with money order and some soap that I make by hand!!!

~amy

h2fan
11-13-2002, 12:11 PM
COOL LET ME KNOW I WILL BE MORE THEN HAPPY TO DO THAT

Hummie2
11-13-2002, 01:17 PM
Hummergirl....

Boring drive?
NOT IN THE H2!

Don

HummerGirl
11-13-2002, 02:15 PM
Yes the drive itself is very boring. It is sooooooooo flat and nothing to look at. Hardly any turns. South Georgia is VERY flat and the drive to Columbus is boring compared to the North Georgia Mountains that I long for everyday. We are hoping to move away from the flat South Georgia Plains. God I miss the mountains in the fall....the colors of the leaves and then the snow and ice in the winter months.

Back to the drive...Just 4 lane highway with an occasional farm. But they have already harvested the cotton so nothing pretty to look at. Just bare stemmed cotton plants with an occasional stragglin' white trail of cotton along the highway.

Now the trip to Florida (Tallahassee) is nice and curvy. And I will be making that trek to the Hummer Dealership in the next month or so for our first oil change!!!! Now that's a better drive!!!

~amy

MAC
11-16-2002, 10:33 PM
You guys/gals talked about what to call H2. I was looking at my H2 today, suddenly it dawned on me what it looks like, it looks like a pig, a HOG. I don't know why they call Harley-Davidson hogs, I have not seen one that looks like a hog to me. H2 with its stubby fat nose and fat wide body, it is so ugly, it is a HOG, a big HOG, a Hummer Hog.

For 7 weeks of ownership, I cannot put my finger on the Hummer styling. Beautiful or handsome are not the right words. In terms of human comparison, it is not a dark & handsome man nor Miss USA, more like a mean and nasty WWF wrestler or angry NFL defensive back. It is butt ugly. I love my butt ugly Hummer Hog. /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Kevin B
11-16-2002, 11:00 PM
MAC thats just sick and wrong.Where are you from anyway? A pig???????
I raised Chester whites for about 13 years while attending 4-H even had the Grand Champion at the Del Mar Fair but comparing the Hummer to a pig?
You know on second thought you have a point but you should keep things like that to yourself.shhhhhhhhh.

MAC
11-16-2002, 11:10 PM
Mine is not a Chester white(assuming that is a pig?), the only pigs I have seen are in the petting zoo, my Hummer is a big fat mean angry nasty American Grand National Champion wild black hog. My Hummer hog eats German, Japanese and English pigs(SUVs). What's for desert? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

h2fan
11-16-2002, 11:56 PM
"HUMMERGIRL"~~~~

just wanted to let you know, the gas cap is on it's way~~~
THANX!!!! FOR THE SOAP******~~~~~~~******
/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Steve R
11-17-2002, 01:31 AM
To me, a truck is a utility vehicle with an open rear bed, that's not our H2's. I think SUV is a bit more appropriate....but still doesn't do the Hummer justice. My old rig was a Jeep....and calling it the Jeep worked perfectly.

Well, I think the very same holds true for Hummer....it's so unique that it deserves its own classification aside from SUV: we just call it The Hummer. Simple as that.

SONA
11-17-2002, 10:44 AM
Mine is an UAV..... Urban Assualt Vehicle.

MAC
11-19-2002, 02:41 PM
As Schwarzenegger himself warned in his Bavarian accent during a tour of the Hummer H2 plant, "Don't call zis ze 'Baby Hummer.' You might make it maaad."

Dreadnought
11-29-2002, 04:41 PM
Hummer actually is lobster in norwegian! Something to think about for owners of the red ones? ;-)

Mac: Schwarzenegger is from Austria, not Germany. Maybe if he was from Bavaria, he would be buying BMW's and Audi's (they make both in that area)?

Anybody heard anything about availability of the "nav console" from the SUT concept?

Dan
11-29-2002, 05:35 PM
Last I heard Motorola's iRadio Telematics system will be an option in the SUT, which is due out July 2004 with 2005 VINs. Not sure if the system will be available in the 2004 SUVs next summer. If I hear anyhting I will post.

- Dan

1 bad h2
11-30-2002, 03:36 AM
I DID NOT KNOW OTHER H2 OWNERS FELT THIS WAY ABOUT THERE HUMMERS!
ALL MY FRIENDS THINK IM CRAZY BECAUSE OF THE WAY I LOVE MY H2,,,,,,,IVE HAD ALOT OF CARS INCLUDING BENZ,PORSCHE,BMW BUT NOTHING COMPARES TO THE FEELING OF OWNING A H2,,,,,,,,
P.S YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve R
11-30-2002, 06:37 AM
Word is the nav being built into the console is pretty much #1 upgrade on newer models of the H2...when we will see it is not for certain.

And as per this threads initial topic, we're driving Hummers. Not a car, truck, pig, definitely NOT a Humm-dinger. Hardly an SUV either. Allow me to demonstrate:

Is that your Hummer? Wow...you own a Hummer? Damn that is a sweet-ass Hummer! You look really good driving your Hummer! Can I have a ride in your Hummer? That Hummer really kicks-butt offroad, OH MY GOD....you own a Hummer?!

Can you see the pattern here? More then anything we are regarded as being Hummer owners, we have Hummers, we drive Hummers. They're Hummers! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif