PDA

View Full Version : H2 going through puddles

Zing
12-01-2002, 03:48 PM
Even though you have to bring it to the car wash the next day, it's worth it!

Zing
12-01-2002, 03:48 PM
Even though you have to bring it to the car wash the next day, it's worth it!

Allen
12-01-2002, 05:49 PM
Very Cool /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

HummerGirl
12-01-2002, 06:33 PM
http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Clap%20Hands.gif

Now did you get it on video? My son would have loved that!!!
http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Laugh%20on%20own.gif
Thanks for the laugh!!!

~amy
Reality is merely a crutch for those with a broken imagination.~anon.

Zing
12-01-2002, 08:00 PM
Nope, Amy, unfortunately no video. Though I'm sure your son wouldn't mind if you forge through a few puddles of your own. I used to love that too when I was kid.

HummerGirl
12-01-2002, 09:42 PM
Yep when we ride thru the neighborhood on our golf cart, we have to go thru the puddles after a nice rain or after the sprinklers have finished dousing the first tee and #10 tee boxes!!!

He hangs out so far to see the wheels make the sound and spray!!!

I loved puddles too!!!

Amy

~amy
Reality is merely a crutch for those with a broken imagination.~anon.

Steve R
12-02-2002, 12:23 AM
Not too long ago there was an event hosted by The Hummer Club up in Gorman (Hungry Valley). Many of the H2's went blasting through the mud-pit and created similar pictures. One guy got so muddy that you honestly could not tell the color of his H2.

SO ANYWAYS...about two hours later we're all out offroading and somebodies H2 dies, then another, then another. Each one had the same problem: dead alternator. Turns out mud-injection is a BAD thing for alternators.

You can drive your H2 through 20" of water or what-not, but doing these speed runs is just candy for the camera...poison for the vehicle. That muddy water permeates all throughout the vehicle....carrying abrasive sand, dirt and small debris. This was a big topic on the H2ml. Additionally, most the H2 owners complained bitterly about what a nasty job it was to clean the H2's later. Do yourself a favor; take it easy through the mud & water.