PDA

View Full Version : IN DASH TV.

WhiteH2Kid
10-25-2004, 10:19 AM
Im going to be changing my radio to a TV and put my radio face where my onstar is leaving me to relocate my onstar. If anybody has done this conversion please post pictures and info on your conversions such as radio used and possibly where you relocated your onstar. Right now i have a pioneer 6500.
Thanks for your help.

WhiteH2Kid
Im going to be changing my radio to a TV and put my radio face where my onstar is leaving me to relocate my onstar. If anybody has done this conversion please post pictures and info on your conversions such as radio used and possibly where you relocated your onstar. Right now i have a pioneer 6500.
Thanks for your help.

WhiteH2Kid
Thanks for your help.

drouke
10-26-2004, 08:02 AM
I relocated my OnStar to the passenger side kick panel. The face of it is only attached with one wire and then the OnStar face plate comes apart and is actually very small you could put it anywhere. The metal box I tucked under my dash behind where you can turn off the passenger side air bag. It's not the best pics but you can see my mod here http://elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=6706011751&m=542107297&r=542107297#542107297

Let me know If you need a better pic or advivce.

WhiteH2Kid
10-26-2004, 10:03 AM
For the onstar is the plastic face around the buttons just there for "placement and install" like it is possible to take the buttons out of the plastic and mount just the buttons somewhere?? Im guessing you dont use your onstar much as its on the other side?

drouke
10-27-2004, 08:01 AM
No I don't use my OnStar at all, I only kept it for the off chance that I get rid of my truck and the next owner might want it. Yes that is just a face plate. The buttons themselves are actually part of a little oval piece that you could put anywhere. You could even expand on that if you're talented with a Dremel tool. You could take the buttons from the oval piece. I played with the idea of using the dremel tool and putting just the buttons right below the air vents on the center console which I thought would look nice, then I got lazy.

trashguy
10-27-2004, 10:39 AM
drouke
did you have to extend the onstar wires or did have enough slack?

TBarrow
10-27-2004, 06:38 PM
Here is mine.

drouke
10-28-2004, 09:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by trashguy:
drouke
did you have to extend the onstar wires or did have enough slack? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All depends where you want to move it to. There was more than enogh slack for my move. I imagine if you want to keep it anywhere around the center console you'd be ok. If your talking about anywhere outside of that you'd need the extension kit.

WhiteH2Kid
10-28-2004, 02:38 PM
TBARROW Where did you move your onstar and do you have a problem with the radio being so low??

Im doing a similar install.

TBarrow
10-29-2004, 08:36 PM
My Onstar is in my Garage. I could have relocated it but did not need it as I am not renewing it. I have no problems with the location as my steering wheel controls still work and I have a remote. The unit tilts if you have a problem viewing it.

WhiteH2Kid
11-15-2004, 11:53 AM
I am about to change my dash and put my screen in but i was talking to someone else and they said they have a whistling sound when excelerating. Anyone else have this or no what the reasson for this is??

Marcmedic
11-15-2004, 02:37 PM
Alternator whine. They have a bad ground.

TBarrow
11-16-2004, 02:39 PM
This is the company that did my work. Go to installs and click on the H2. They have the Onstar mounted in the console. hope it helps.

www.customcarstereo.com (http://www.customcarstereo.com)

akakustom
11-18-2004, 12:05 AM
if you have a sunroof this is an option that doesn't take up any room in your console