PDA

View Full Version : Clock Issue

Woogy
01-17-2005, 01:01 AM
Has anyone else had an issue with their clock resetting to 12:00 occasionally? It seems to happen about once a month.

It doesn't seem to be the battery because the truck starts fine and all of the accessories work. Just the clock.

Woogy
Has anyone else had an issue with their clock resetting to 12:00 occasionally? It seems to happen about once a month.

It doesn't seem to be the battery because the truck starts fine and all of the accessories work. Just the clock.

Woogy

LasVegas
01-17-2005, 02:04 AM
Hmmmmm..no, never heard of that problem in the H2. But about all digital clocks reset to 12:00 when they lose power. Of course that could be a loose connection, bad solder joint on the circuit board or just something in the circuit. Either way, not right.

Albie
01-17-2005, 03:15 AM
my clock runs 5 mins late...... well thats what I tell my boss

RIC-H0
01-17-2005, 03:49 AM
Mine runs 15 mins slow in the morning and 20 mins fast in the afternoon!
And it's always BEER:30 as far as I'm concerned!
http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif
Ric-H2

HummMe
01-17-2005, 01:52 PM
Doy you lose all of your station presets as well? This happens to mine if the truck sits for a few days. Dealer cant find a problem. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Woogy
01-17-2005, 03:45 PM
I don't lose any of the station presets. It's funny. I keep expecting to. It does reset back to the first track on a cd however.

JamesT
01-17-2005, 03:53 PM
Except when James is involved. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RIC-H2:
Mine runs 15 mins slow in the morning and 20 mins fast in the afternoon!
And it's always BEER:30 as far as I'm concerned!
http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif
Ric-H2 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

pushrod
01-17-2005, 04:39 PM
My radio started shutting off and the clock would reset to 12:00 after I had the XM module installed by the dealer. The problem was a wire that was not connected well during the installation.

If that is not your problem, you may want to watch the movie Groundhog Day and give that issue some thought.

LasVegas
01-17-2005, 05:35 PM
I think presets are "burned" in like ROM on your computer so loss of power doesn't affect it. Although I'm not positive. It still sounds like a temporary loss of power in the clock circuit of the radio. Dealer time.

sclui56
01-19-2005, 05:26 AM
Document ID# 1509801

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No Audio and Radio Display Inoperative or Clock Resets - kw amp blank noaudio nosound sound speaker UB0 UB1 UC6 volume #PI02060 - (May 13, 2004)
No Audio and Radio Display Inoperative or Clock Resets

When servicing the vehicle with the VIN you entered, the following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the described symptoms.

Condition/Concern:
Certain 2004 vehicles built in March and April time frame with radio RPO UC6, UB1, or UB0 may have a concern with no audio and no radio display or the radio clock is resetting.

Recommendation/Instructions:
Perform a Radio Setup with the Tech 2, using software 24.003 released May 3rd, 2004 or newer. Complete a radio set up procedure with the Tech 2 by performing the following steps:

Select 2004 model year

Select Light Duty Truck

Select the vehicle make

Select Body

Select Body Series

Select Uplevel Radio

Select Special Functions

Select Radio Setup

Please follow this diagnosis process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed. If these steps do not resolve the condition, please contact GM TAC for further diagnostic assistance. This diagnostic approach was developed for the vehicle with the VIN you entered and should not be automatically be used for other vehicles with similar symptoms.

Models:
(04 Chevrolet All Full Size Trucks And Utilites) and (04 Chevrolet Colorado) and (04 Chevrolet Trailblazer And Trailerblazer EXT) and (04 Chevrolet Express Van) and (04 Chevrolet SSR) and (04 Chevrolet Blazer (old body)) and (04 GMC All Full Size Trucks And Utilites) and (04 GMC Canyon ) and (04 GMC Envoy, Envoy XL And Envoy XUV) and (04 GMC Savana Van ) and (04 GMC Jimmy (old body)) and (04 Cadillac All Full Size Utilites And SUT's) and (04 Hummer H2) and (04 Buick Rainier)

sclui56
01-19-2005, 05:27 AM
Document ID# 1517701

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Radio CD Hot Skips Ejects Inoperative or Clock Resets - kw UB0 UB1 heat #PI01864A - (May 20, 2004)
Radio CD Hot Skips Ejects Inoperative or Clock Resets

When servicing the vehicle with the VIN you entered, the following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the described symptoms.

Condition/Concern:
Owners may comment of the CD getting hot, skipping, ejecting or inoperative after extended play. In addition, there may be a concern of the clock resetting.This applies only to vehicles with radio option UBO (AM/FM and signal CD) or UB1 (AM/FM signal CD and cass).

Recommendation/Instructions:
Reprogram the radio with the new service calibration, which was available from Techline starting January 26, 2004 on the TIS2000 version 1.5 or later. Please Note: This new program will not stop the CD from getting warm to the touch.

Please follow this diagnosis process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed. If these steps do not resolve the condition, please contact GM TAC for further diagnostic assistance. This diagnostic approach was developed for the vehicle with the VIN you entered and should not be automatically be used for other vehicles with similar symptoms.

Models:
(03-04 Chevrolet All Full Size Trucks, Utilities and Vans) and (03-04 GMC All Full Size Trucks, Utilities and Vans) and (03-04 Cadillac All Full Size Utilities) and (03-04 Hummer H2)

Woogy
01-20-2005, 02:20 PM
Thank you. I guess I'm off to the dealer. Oh Joy!

tower
02-15-2005, 09:05 PM
If this happens once a month, I suggest you trade with your dealer for a "boy" HUMMER.