PDA

View Full Version : Radio Swap - Unlock code?

TMKHUM
11-01-2003, 02:13 AM
I have a single play CD, and am going to buy a 6-disc off of ebay.

Well, I know the radio talks to the BCM and takes part of the VIN as the security code.

I am trying to figure out how to program the six disc to work.

1) There is a label on the radios (the sticker is on the face when delivered to the dealer) that has a four digit #. Is this the code?

2) If anyone has the factory manual does it list the instructions for adding/swapping a radio?

I know I can get the dealership to unlock the radio, but I'd hate to pay $50 for a 5 minute job.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
Tom

TMKHUM
11-01-2003, 02:13 AM
I have a single play CD, and am going to buy a 6-disc off of ebay.

Well, I know the radio talks to the BCM and takes part of the VIN as the security code.

I am trying to figure out how to program the six disc to work.

1) There is a label on the radios (the sticker is on the face when delivered to the dealer) that has a four digit #. Is this the code?

2) If anyone has the factory manual does it list the instructions for adding/swapping a radio?

I know I can get the dealership to unlock the radio, but I'd hate to pay $50 for a 5 minute job.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
Tom

Circuitguy
11-01-2003, 02:30 AM
I think the radio will only work in the car it came out of. Something with it coded to the cars vin number. Search the forum there will be more on this topic. BIG-C

White 03-H2-LUX

<a target="_blank" href="http://www.gstyle4u.com">
http://www.elcova.com/h2/gstyle.jpg</a>

KenP
11-01-2003, 04:25 AM
Well, I must admit that I did not even know you could get a single disc in the H2. I guess you learn something new everyday.

Black Lingenfelter Lux

TouchdownTN
11-03-2003, 04:54 AM
Definitely do a search on this in the forum. There was someone who did this on the forum close to a year ago maybe not quite that long ago but close. If memory serves me correct you just have to enter the last however many digits of your VIN or the VIN the radio came out of into the radio. Hope this helps!

03 Black Adventure with all Lux Options,Brush Guard Lights, and Sylvania Silverstars. Go Vols!!!

TMKHUM
11-03-2003, 04:51 PM
I've been striking out in the forum searches. If you know the link please post it.

Thanks
Tom

Klaus
11-03-2003, 06:29 PM
If I remember correctly the dealer can fix the VIN lock with their Tech 2 diagnostic tool.

Klaus

"God made some men big and some men small, but Sam Colt made them all equal."