PDA

View Full Version : just had hitch cam installed.

pantera
04-27-2004, 12:05 AM
Hi everyone this is my first post.I just had a hitch cam installed with a clarion in dash dvd with 7" monitor.My question is the shop that hooked it up said the only way to use it is i have to engage the parking brake,touch the screen to set it to rear camera,then put it in reverse for it to come on.That sounds like way too much stuff to do.He finally hooked it up without the parking brake having to be engaged but i still have to actually set the screen to camera every time i go into reverse.I was wondering if anybody has a similar type setup and if so is there a way to set it to go on when you shift to reverse without having to physically set the monitor to camera mode?

thanks,jeff

pantera
Hi everyone this is my first post.I just had a hitch cam installed with a clarion in dash dvd with 7" monitor.My question is the shop that hooked it up said the only way to use it is i have to engage the parking brake,touch the screen to set it to rear camera,then put it in reverse for it to come on.That sounds like way too much stuff to do.He finally hooked it up without the parking brake having to be engaged but i still have to actually set the screen to camera every time i go into reverse.I was wondering if anybody has a similar type setup and if so is there a way to set it to go on when you shift to reverse without having to physically set the monitor to camera mode?

thanks,jeff

pantera

thanks,jeff

PARAGON
04-27-2004, 12:23 AM
I would go to Clarion's website and ask them for support on this.

Clarion has their own rear view camera system and it DOES auto-switch the in-dash monitor/receiver when you put it into reverse.

pantera
04-27-2004, 01:03 AM
Thanks fellas,i'll get in touch with clarion and see what happens.

thanks, jeff

BAMFH2
04-28-2004, 05:54 AM
Ditto what PhilD said.

I own the HitchCam model and if properly installed, you have two options (via a small switch on the side of the display).

Position 1 = camera is always on when the H2 is running.

Position 2 = camera comes on automatically when the shifter is placed into Reverse. (this is how I have my unit set up)

Hummer Man
04-28-2004, 09:58 AM
Very Nice Set Up!

pantera
04-29-2004, 12:31 AM
I just got off the phone with clarion amd they tell me that the player model #vrx745vd has a video input that does not allow for cameras to automatically switch on the video screen.Therefor i must always physically switch to the camera setting on the screen.That means that if i'm listening to my radio and i go into reverse i must switch to the camera mode and turn off the radio for the camera to come on.That sucks!!So now i must buy the monitor from hitch cam and install that seperatly from the clarion deck.I put this deck in with the understanding that i could use the hitch cam with its monitor.Technically i can but not the way i thought it would be.The shop says it works like that and its not their fault for the way it works.I'm not trying to be a jerk about it but i bought this system under their advise that it would work together.I assumed{we all no what happens when you assume}that it would go on automatically when going to reverse,so i never specifically asked about it working like that.Once again i didn't do enough research myself and relied on audio professionals to do it for me.Maybe in my next 46 years i'll finally wake up!!

thanks,jeff