PDA

View Full Version : STUCK H2 BLOWN INJECTORS!!!

JohnB.GWU.
03-18-2004, 11:16 PM
Well, after a day of riding MX, we were driving the H2 back and saw a hole on the side of the trail. Having watched several trucks go through, I 4Lowed the H2 and made a pass. Since the last time, the ruts got a lot deeper, and the truck was sitting in water about 35" deep for a good 2 hrs. Check engine light came on, and dealer said water got sucked in through the GAS TANK!!! Now the injectors are bad (only 4 though) Has anyone else had a stuck like this and had this same problem?? How much are new injectors going to cost here???

JohnB.GWU.
Well, after a day of riding MX, we were driving the H2 back and saw a hole on the side of the trail. Having watched several trucks go through, I 4Lowed the H2 and made a pass. Since the last time, the ruts got a lot deeper, and the truck was sitting in water about 35" deep for a good 2 hrs. Check engine light came on, and dealer said water got sucked in through the GAS TANK!!! Now the injectors are bad (only 4 though) Has anyone else had a stuck like this and had this same problem?? How much are new injectors going to cost here???

JohnB.GWU.

PARAGON
03-19-2004, 01:20 AM
I don't see how they know it was sucked in through the gas tank unless the tank has water in it and they would have to do more than just replace the injectors. And they might be saying that for extra money???? At 35" it would seem more plausible that some water got sucked through the intake by some splashing, etc.

Anyway, I don't think injectors should be very much. I think you can buy aftermarket performance injectors for anywhere between $25-$50, not sure about stock from the dealer though.

DRTYFN
03-19-2004, 05:41 AM
John,
That sounds like a load of crap. Mine sat in water with the gas tank submerged and water half way up the air intake on the inside fender and it ran like that for 2 hours and NEVER drew in a drop of water.

JohnB.GWU.
03-19-2004, 08:20 PM
Drty,
that is exactly what i said too. Dealer said evap tank was submerged and injectors sucked in water and are all bad!!?? Trying to charge me 865.00 plus labor for a new set!! where can i get good injectors

Hummer Man
03-19-2004, 11:30 PM
Common problem. But this is the kind of vehicle you will have $800.00 plus problems with. I pity the poor SOB who got a second mortgage to buy his H2. The estimated annual maintenance is $2000 plus after year one!

JohnB.GWU.
03-20-2004, 01:41 AM
second mortage??? whatr the hell is that???

KenP
03-20-2004, 03:15 AM
John, go to a performance shop or GMpartsdirect and get the injectors. Get high performance ones. They will be way less than what the dealer is trying to stick you with.

PARAGON
03-20-2004, 04:07 AM
Where is the evap tank and why is it open to elements?

ssgharkness020147
03-20-2004, 06:38 AM
Two grand a year. God I wish my H1 had that maitinence plan, I've had it since Oct and I'm nearing 6,000 in repairs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hummer Man:
The estimated annual maintenance is $2000 plus after year one! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It\'s a Dry Heat
03-20-2004, 10:46 PM
If I can keep things from being my fault, I bought 8 year extended warranty or 100,000 miles.

Vern

[This message was edited by It's a Dry Heat on 03-20-04 at 07:44 PM.]

JohnB.GWU.
03-23-2004, 10:24 PM
well,,,this is the $2000.00 later report. got the american ****box back today. EXTREMELY dissapointed with the amount of money it took to repair considering my friends xterra got stuck in the same hole and had 4 inches of water inside the vehicle! Hummer just went down a notch in my book. Word of caution, dont get stuck in 35" of water ever. Just ordered the 9500xi multimount to prevent this from ever happening again. Word of advice on a winch accessories kit anyone?

PARAGON
03-23-2004, 11:14 PM
Care to provide a few more details.

JohnB.GWU.
03-25-2004, 02:31 AM
no

DRTYFN
03-25-2004, 05:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JohnB.AU.:
no <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok... does it involve strippers?http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

PARAGON
03-25-2004, 12:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRTYFN:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JohnB.AU.:
no <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok... does it involve strippers?http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I bet not, but it does sound like it involves some screwing.

PARAGON
03-25-2004, 03:55 PM
Coincidence. A couple of weeks ago I stopped to get gas and was standing there filling it up. The gas pump didn't auto shut off and spewed about a gallon out onto the ground. Pissed me off, got gas all over my arm etc.

Took the rig in yesterday about the torsion bars and when I picked it up I went back and spoke to the service tech and he said I also need to look at replacing the fuel filter as it needs replacing. Didn't question him about it and told him I would get it done at the next service. 20 months old with 14K miles. Wonder if it was from the evap canister?