PDA

View Full Version : registration and license

OLE YLLR
11-25-2002, 02:06 AM
THOUGHT I POSTED THIS BUT DON'T SEE IT. CAN ANYONE OF OUR CALIFORNIA MEMBERS TELL ME HOW MUCH I'M GOING TO PAY FOR LICENSE AND REGISTRATION. THANKS OLE YLLR

OLE YLLR
11-25-2002, 02:06 AM
THOUGHT I POSTED THIS BUT DON'T SEE IT. CAN ANYONE OF OUR CALIFORNIA MEMBERS TELL ME HOW MUCH I'M GOING TO PAY FOR LICENSE AND REGISTRATION. THANKS OLE YLLR

MAC
11-25-2002, 02:15 AM
License fee $397, Tire fee $5, sales tax 8.5% $4594.68. No registration fee.

OLE YLLR
11-25-2002, 04:07 AM
HEY THANKS MAC.

Peyton77
11-29-2002, 05:49 PM
Did you have to pay Luxury Tax?
Also I remember hearing that if the vehicle weighs more than 7,000 lbs you get a one time tax deduction of like $2,500 for a commercial vehicle. Just wondering????

Peyton

WWW.LANDMARKBANKONLINE.COM (http://WWW.LANDMARKBANKONLINE.COM)

WWW.GIANTBANK.COM (http://WWW.GIANTBANK.COM)

MAC
11-29-2002, 06:03 PM
No lux tax, this is not a luxury toy, this is a real truck.
Please tell me more about $2500 tax credit for trucks over 7000 Ibs.
Some tax write offs triger alarm bells and not worth the risk, I don't know about using autos for business.

Peyton77
11-29-2002, 06:41 PM
Just found out that luxury tax is history as of Jan 1 2003...

Peyton

WWW.LANDMARKBANKONLINE.COM (http://WWW.LANDMARKBANKONLINE.COM)

WWW.GIANTBANK.COM (http://WWW.GIANTBANK.COM)

HummerGirl
11-29-2002, 10:36 PM
Mac I get to write my Rig off for my business.

I keep up with the business mileage to and from places that I pick up supplies. Especially those long drives to get clay in Middle Georgia in the sticks and I need something strong to carry it home. 1-2 tons of clay is the usual every three months or so.

So this is how I get to write it off. Anything related to the vehicle needs such as tires, brakes, oil changes, and gas can be written off. We get to claim so many cents per mile on our taxes each year.

The computer function on the steering wheel is so nice because I can easily keep up with the business trip mileage!!! That is so nice. The beamer or benz did not have those options!

~amy
Reality is merely a crutch for those with a broken imagination.~anon.

MAC
11-29-2002, 10:48 PM
I know what you mean, I go to/from the banks to visit my money and I also need something strong to carry 1-2 tons of cash every so often.

Peyton said: "Also I remember hearing that if the vehicle weighs more than 7,000 lbs you get a one time tax deduction of like $2,500 for a commercial vehicle." Is there any truth to his comment?

sheag
11-29-2002, 11:28 PM
My understanding is that the H2 does not fall under the commerical vehicle tax break law, it has an exemption despite the weight. I don't know all the details, but that's what I've read/heard thus far. From what I understand there are negatives associated with having a vehicle fall under this category, so it's actually to most consumers' benefit to not be classified thusly, the tax break notwithstanding.

Shea

Hummie2
11-30-2002, 02:03 AM
GM was pretty slick on designing the H2. The H2 is both wide enough and heavy enough to qualify as a class 3 truck. Its just wide enough to be required to have clearance and marker lights on the roof. This exempts it from luxury tax even though its priced over 50k.

The h2s Gross Vehicle Weight Rating of 8600lbs. is 100 lbs. over EPA requirement of having to count its gas milage as part of vehicle line and us having to pay Gas Guzzler Tax. Its curb weight is 6400 lbs, which is under the limit for tax credit, but thats a fair trade for not having to pay about $7700 in Guzzler Tax.

Don

MAC
11-30-2002, 05:36 AM
Don, good point, very smart and very nice. Too heavy is not good, but heavy enough to just pass the 8500 Ibs mark and into Class 3 with the benefits stated.
Wonder if it is a commercial vehicle, would it result in much higher insurance rate.

Hummie2
11-30-2002, 04:48 PM
MAC...

I would think it would affect your insurance if you used it as a commercial vehicle in a business. As we use it for personal use its considered as a passenger vehicle or recreational vehicle and only its value will raise my premium over what I pay on my Z71.

Don