PDA

View Full Version : Headliner Rattles

TXSUT
12-02-2004, 02:53 PM
I found some old threads about this problem, but wanted to start a new one to see if anyone who had had this issue has gotten it fixed and how. This is the rattle that occurs just above the passenger seats, and pressing upward on the headliner makes it stop.

I'd taken my truck in two weeks ago for this problem, and the service manager said that they had added some foam insulation to fix it. A week later, the rattles came back even worse and more annoying. It goes back in tomorrow, so hopefully they'll get it corrected.

Thanks,

Pete

TXSUT
I found some old threads about this problem, but wanted to start a new one to see if anyone who had had this issue has gotten it fixed and how. This is the rattle that occurs just above the passenger seats, and pressing upward on the headliner makes it stop.

I'd taken my truck in two weeks ago for this problem, and the service manager said that they had added some foam insulation to fix it. A week later, the rattles came back even worse and more annoying. It goes back in tomorrow, so hopefully they'll get it corrected.

Thanks,

Pete

TXSUT

Thanks,

Pete

JamesT
12-02-2004, 03:09 PM
I had the same issue. Turned out to be a problem with the windshiled and there was a sercie note on this issue. Apparently the sound echos and sounds like the headliner. Air passes in and thats why if u press on it...it stops, Mine is fine now.

TXSUT
12-02-2004, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the reply, but I know for a fact that this is purely a problem with the headliner. I can recreate the noise while the vehicle is parked in my driveway by tapping on the headliner.

TXSUT
12-06-2004, 05:42 PM
Well, got the truck back from the dealer. They said that after adding foam insulation the last time, they'd forgotten about a few retainer clips. Whatever, it's no longer rattling, so I'm happy for now.

-Pete

VTSTOMPER
12-07-2004, 12:09 AM
Glad it worked out for you Pete http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif