PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: JimmiJammer prototype for H2.

tomp
02-28-2006, 06:33 PM
Was able to install the drivers side today. Everything ended fitting great. Had to make a very small adjustment, but was very minor.

Will start passenger side tomorrow and then we'll get the rear doors addressed as well.

Hang in there, these things will be released for our H2s shortly.

tomp
02-28-2006, 06:33 PM
Was able to install the drivers side today. Everything ended fitting great. Had to make a very small adjustment, but was very minor.

Will start passenger side tomorrow and then we'll get the rear doors addressed as well.

Hang in there, these things will be released for our H2s shortly.

Dewi2005
02-28-2006, 08:12 PM
For a few years I lived in a fairly 'rough' area and had my vehicle broken into 3 times until I installed a flashing red LED on my dash. (It was hooked to a Normally closed relay so that it did not flash when the key was on) Once the LED was installed I did not have another break-in.

Sometimes the best thing is a deterrent.. Punks will see the light and move on.. pros will get in regardless.

Alan06SUT
03-01-2006, 04:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilD:
I think it is a good idea, but think a big flashing LED may be of more value. Thieves tend to stay away form alramed vheicles, but not always of course.

The problem I see with the JimmiJammer is that would be thieves are still going to mess up your body work and door handle trim, maybe more so, attempting to get in. Maybe even break a window instead. Although often ignored, I think an alarm (preferably two way) would be a better idea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Another cheap deterrent is to get some small alarm stickers (local stereo shop gave me some for my tahoe) and put them on the window at the bottom closest to the handles. My tahoe was broken into twice (both while at gym). Once stickers were on, no problems.

I would guess that most of this style of break-ins and thefts are by "punks" anyway. When my old K5 got stolen for the second time, Cops told me pros tend to use flatbed tow trucks to get their vehicles of choice and then have the keys made.

tomp
03-01-2006, 02:00 PM
Phil, I agree with you about the LED. A visual deterent goes a long way.

There is one very good benefit of the JimmiJammer plates. The obvious one is that thieves should not be able to enter by unlocking the doors and disabling the OEM alarm. The installation of these plates just made the OEM much more effective than before.

Even with an alarm, nothing would stop a would be thief from the infamous "smash-and grab" routine where they break the window and take whatever they want and run.

tomp
03-01-2006, 03:03 PM
Agreed...Alarm is in my future...

I'll probably go with Clifford. I don't want too many features though, just the basics. Unless of course, you have any ideas of something I just can't live withouthttp://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif