PDA

View Full Version : I got it back! Finally!

Bill Kervaski
11-22-2002, 09:02 PM
Thank GOD! I finally picked up my HUMMER today after it's been in the shop three weeks for a cracked transfer case. I feel like a man again!

- Bill

Bill Kervaski
11-22-2002, 09:02 PM
Thank GOD! I finally picked up my HUMMER today after it's been in the shop three weeks for a cracked transfer case. I feel like a man again!

- Bill

MAC
11-22-2002, 09:44 PM
Congratulation, we felt your pain. What do you mean you feel like a MAN again, did you feel like a woman during the last 3 weeks? This could be an even more serious problem than a cracked transfer case, now you got the guys here very worried.

MAC
11-22-2002, 11:35 PM
Bill, the manual says not over 55MPH during the first 500 miles, slow down, you said before you were doing 85MPH and had Hummer for 3 days. I don't know how you can drive 55MPH in a Hummer on the freeway, even grandma in a Yugo will laugh at you. I did not read that part until after 200 miles, I did freeway at 75 MPH. Better safe than sorry.

Did they tell you what, why, how the transfer case cracked? or just a defective part? Very interested to know.

Bill Kervaski
11-22-2002, 11:45 PM
Yea, I know. But that wouldn't have resulted in a cracked transfer case.

Not all is well. There is a leak. I'm going in tomorrow and go ballistic on the dealership. I'm about three seconds away from screaming lemon. I was supposed to take my new toy hunting this weekend five hours away.

- Bill

HeeHaw
11-23-2002, 12:09 AM
Glad you got it back. RIP them a new one and make it right!

What do THEY say caused the Break?

Hee /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

SOFTTAILJC
11-23-2002, 12:28 AM
glad its back bill.... how can u see a leak with skid plates on ? soft

Bill Kervaski
11-23-2002, 01:09 AM
When there is lubricant BEADING on the bottom of the vehicle, it doesn't take a whole lot of common sense to know there's a leak.

- Bill

SOFTTAILJC
11-23-2002, 01:22 PM
thats a serious leak. drive it home and see that.. what was the verdict on transfer case? soft

MAC
11-23-2002, 09:32 PM
Bill, I don't think your Hummer is a lemon. What you had is ONE defective part, and when replacing the part, the mechanic messed up on 1 place or 1 ring, and it needed to be taken care of. The worst part was the 3 weeks wait for the replacement part. If my son gets a D in one Math test, that does not mean he is a bad student and will be flipping burgers in the future. Otherwise, consider the Ds and Fs I got, I would be lucky if I have a Yugo to drive today.

HummerGirl
11-23-2002, 11:50 PM
Amen to that MAC...

~amy
Reality is merely a crutch for those with a broken imagination.~anon.

http://www.CelestialBath.com

Bill Kervaski
11-24-2002, 02:25 AM
I know, MAC. I was just a little upset.

The verdict is the lubricant was splash left over from the work. I took it in, they washed it, and it hasn't leaked since. I may have overreacted because I was gunshy.

At any rate, I'm back in business!

- Bill

Steve R
11-24-2002, 02:39 AM
Bill's mobile....look out Bambi!(I suppose the hunting trip is back 'on'?) /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

MAC
11-24-2002, 03:39 AM
But, Bill, you have not told us what was wrong with the transfer case, or what may have caused the crack/damage. So far, you are the winner with the most serious defect, that we know of, so here we are waiting for you to tell us.
More data please.

HummerGirl
11-24-2002, 10:57 AM
YEAH! Bill...

(pom-pom shaking from an H2 cheerleader)

I bet you were like Homer Simpson eating a doughnut when you hopped back inside the cab.....

"Hummmmmmmmmmmeerrrrrrrr".

Glad you got your rig back! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

~amy

Texas Red
11-24-2002, 12:18 PM
There she goes again. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Jim
Red H2 in Texas

HummerGirl
11-24-2002, 02:24 PM
Alright, Alright...

(American Flag Waving in the air ova here from Proud American Female Auto Consumer)

/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

~amy

Bill Kervaski
11-24-2002, 04:04 PM
Frankly, it looks like someone went crazy with a torque wrench based on the location of the crack. It was near one of the bolts on the on the aft housing. Just a hairline crack but once it got hot (85 down the interstate for two hours) it leaked. They told me I probably could have driven for weeks with no damage to the transfer case due to how little was leaking, but it was hitting the hot drivetrain and smoking something feirce so I immediately pulled over.

- Bill

Allen
11-26-2002, 08:03 PM
I bought my new H2 and within 200 miles the front diff. cracked in half spilling all of the oil out. Needless to say, I had to have the H2
flat bedded to my local dealer and they told me it was a manufacturing defect and it would take 10 days for the part to be sent.