PDA

View Full Version : Breakover angle

Ernie Italy
11-30-2005, 01:15 PM
Is true the Breakover angle of 25.8° for H2 ?
If yes the underbody clearance (belly) are about 20.7 inch.. much more than a H1...
Elsewhere if the H1 have 35° of breakover have a underbody clearance of 35 inch... something wrong...

Ernie Italy
11-30-2005, 01:15 PM
Is true the Breakover angle of 25.8° for H2 ?
If yes the underbody clearance (belly) are about 20.7 inch.. much more than a H1...
Elsewhere if the H1 have 35° of breakover have a underbody clearance of 35 inch... something wrong...

Ernie Italy
11-30-2005, 01:25 PM
take the wheelbase distance...wheelbase is the centre of the wheel to the ground...
Make a line from wheelbase with the angle of 26° from every wheelbase... now where the two line encounter take the distance to the ground... or in USA use another kind of grade.. Here 90° is vertical...right?

Ernie Italy
11-30-2005, 02:32 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sfox:
Isn't breakover calculated from the inside edge of the tire, not the center of the tire?

Dont change to much....

Ernie Italy
11-30-2005, 02:37 PM
[/QUOTE]I see your point, but by my calculation that would make the clearance just over 29", that is if the highest point is equidistant to the wheelbase, which for breakover angle purposes I would have thought it would be. Even if you shorten the wheelbase to account for tire footprint, you still get around 25" of clearance which isn't right either.

There is obviously some part of the calculation we are missing...

Yes...about 28.7 " I had a mistake on write...
Yessssss something missing...Hummer miss the 14" standarda lift kit !!!!! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Ernie Italy
11-30-2005, 02:40 PM
If you use a angle of 12.9° the belly clearance is right.. aprox.

Ernie Italy
11-30-2005, 02:55 PM
Now I can sleep...

I have a video about 16 Mb... can some one host it ?
A little bit of twist, a stuck with the belly on the ground and somethin else...

PARAGON
11-30-2005, 03:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilD:
Think I've got it, there are two braeover angles

The "included" angle measures the angle inside the ramp; the "exluded" angle measures the combined angles outside the ramp to the horizontal.

Using the excluded method would give the H2 about 12.7" underbody clearance, which sounds about right. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You guys are confusing the hell out of me.

I think they determine the breakover by determining the wheelbase, finding the point in the wheelbase that is exactly halfway on the chassis, measure that obtuse angle from that midway point to each wheel and then subtract that from 180 degrees. Or something along those lines. Maybe that's what you said Phil.

VernB
11-30-2005, 03:38 PM
One plus the H2 has over the H1 is its shorter. Giving it more clearance on a mogal??

Ernie Italy
11-30-2005, 03:52 PM
It shorter but with less space to the ground.
with a 6" lift you have a 36° of breakover...more than h1...aprox..

Ernie Italy
11-30-2005, 04:39 PM
Sorry for us...(if i dont have make a mistake) but a standard cookie box as a Land Rover Defender 90 stock have the same breakover angle than a H2 with a 6" lift....
And the 110 and 130 have the same of a stock H2