PDA

View Full Version : Towing with a tire carrier?

Vaka Humm
12-03-2002, 09:28 PM
I just installed the SMC tire carrier and noticed how far it is from the reciver to the back of the spare tire. Has anyone towed with this set-up? What did you use for a tow bar (the bar the hitch ball is attached to)? How long is it and where did you get it? Also I want to use the front hitch to put my boats in and out of the water, what did you use for that hitch bar and pin? Thanks for any info.

Vaka Humm
12-03-2002, 09:28 PM
I just installed the SMC tire carrier and noticed how far it is from the reciver to the back of the spare tire. Has anyone towed with this set-up? What did you use for a tow bar (the bar the hitch ball is attached to)? How long is it and where did you get it? Also I want to use the front hitch to put my boats in and out of the water, what did you use for that hitch bar and pin? Thanks for any info.

Arizona Hummerboy
12-03-2002, 10:20 PM
I tow a trailer most of the time with my H2, I do have the tire carrier on the back, I do use a 8 inch drop down hich, I tow a quad trailer with no problem at all.

www.awesomesuccess4u.com (http://www.awesomesuccess4u.com)

Brad
12-04-2002, 12:16 AM
I haul a 4 wheeler trailer that I hunt with. I have an extended drop down hitch that I got at Tractor Supply (TSC).
It works great, but the safety chains are to short to reach my receiver.

kelleymac2000
12-07-2002, 01:53 PM
If you've got it, be sure to try an 8" drop. We started with a 6", brought it home, hooked up the boat, it was PERFECT. Started the truck, and my air suspension kicked the rear end up 2".

We went back for the 8". /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif