PDA

View Full Version : Help with xenarc 6024 install

Kurt
08-02-2003, 06:56 PM
I have just installed the 6024's and I am having problems getting them to work. I have installed per instructions and the high beams work fine but the xenons do not. The drivers side barely flicker and the passengers do not work at all. I checked voltage on both sides and there is normal voltage comong out of the ballasts and going to the headlight. Could this be related to the DRL's or just bad headlights?
Any help would be appreciateed to a new forum member.
Thanks

Kurt
08-02-2003, 06:56 PM
I have just installed the 6024's and I am having problems getting them to work. I have installed per instructions and the high beams work fine but the xenons do not. The drivers side barely flicker and the passengers do not work at all. I checked voltage on both sides and there is normal voltage comong out of the ballasts and going to the headlight. Could this be related to the DRL's or just bad headlights?
Any help would be appreciateed to a new forum member.
Thanks

Apex IV
08-02-2003, 07:20 PM
Kurt:

O also have the 6024's, but the dealer installed them for me. I'm sending your message to my contact there to see if he has any suggestions. He occasionally monitors the forum here, but with H2's selling so well, I'm guessing that he spends most of his time trying to snatch up unsuspecting browsers on their lot - LOL Anyway, perhaps he'll respond here shortly...

-Randall Garrett-

Kurt
08-02-2003, 07:22 PM
Phil
The high beams only come on when they are activated. I have checked the wiring several times and it is correct. I also am getting power out of the ballasts so the ballasts seem to be working.
Thanks

Kurt
08-02-2003, 08:16 PM
I have now got the passenger side to light and the drivers side stil flickers. Checked wiring and switched ballasts to other side and switched relay to other side and the same thing happens. Probably a bad bulb
Thanks

Ken Batchelor Hummer
08-02-2003, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the confidence Randy. I will get with the techs on Monday to see what they think and if they have any suggestions. with regard to the HID lights.

Kurt
08-03-2003, 10:11 AM
I was wrong about the problem being the xenon lamps. For a few minutes I was able to get both lamps to light at different times. When I changed the bridge to the other side the opposite side lighted but it is not working now. I am not sure if it is bridge problem or something else. The side that lighted no longer will light and the drivers side just flickers. Checked all connections again and are correct and tight.

wch3
08-05-2003, 08:22 PM
Can anyone tell me how well HID kits work with the H2s. Mine is brand spanking new and just curious as to whether its worth stepping up? I believe my rig has H4s. Don't know. A litte education would be much appreciated to this novice. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif