PDA

View Full Version : Full Throttle Suspension

Grim_Smoker
07-30-2003, 07:00 PM
I've wanted to lift my H2 forever as some of you know. I'm still looking at different kits and waiting to hear different things. Just curious if anyone has any experience or knows anything about Full Throttle Suspension's products? I've heard they have few dealers and getting replacement parts can be hard because of it, and that theres no warrenty on they're products, etc. Their site doesn't say much, and just wanted to know if anyone knew anything about them before I gave them a call.

-Grim

2003 Sunset Metalic Orange H2 - Breathless Stage 2B, HID's, Gobi Rack & Ladder.

2003 Millenium Yellow Z06

Grim_Smoker
07-30-2003, 07:00 PM
I've wanted to lift my H2 forever as some of you know. I'm still looking at different kits and waiting to hear different things. Just curious if anyone has any experience or knows anything about Full Throttle Suspension's products? I've heard they have few dealers and getting replacement parts can be hard because of it, and that theres no warrenty on they're products, etc. Their site doesn't say much, and just wanted to know if anyone knew anything about them before I gave them a call.

-Grim

BADRAP
07-30-2003, 07:30 PM
I have had 2 trucks lifted with FTS and they are a great company that will stand by there products.. I never had the need for replacement parts but I know that they will work with their customers and they will take care of you.. I had the largest kits made for chevy trucks and they were both built with great craftsmanship and powder coated to perfection.. I would highly recommend them.... http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Grim_Smoker
07-31-2003, 02:04 AM
Thanks for the input badrap. Have you ever by anychance heard of Cognito or CST? From what I've been reading those two sound like the best, strongest, and most durable of the big lifts, many say they're the best period. Any input is appreciated. Thanks again! Oh BTW, what did you do with those big lifted trucks, show them or did you wheel them at all? Just wanna know how they handle wheeling, thats my biggest concern, I wanna be able to wheel with out my driveshaft just falling out, or welds snapping, etc.
Some guy said he had the 12" on his 2500HD silverado and when he was wheelin he had a big ol' ford rear-end him sending him off the trail down a 4 foot drop into a ditch. Suspension bottomed out with the 7 or 8 thousand pounds or whatever hitting the earth, and he said he drove it out of there and when he sold the truck 7 months later it was still perfectly find. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

-Grim

blg615
07-31-2003, 02:11 AM
mr grim, I saw a yellow H2 with the Skyjacker lift kit. At my kid's insistence, I parked beside it and we got out to compare. My h2 looked tiny!

Grim_Smoker
07-31-2003, 03:44 AM
Did it really look that much bigger? I forget who it was but someone had the Rancho 4" and 37" MTR's put on, and had his wifes red stock h2 next to his. He said he actually measured about 6 inches of lift I think, but it really didn't look much bigger. I know the Skyjacker is a 5.5 or 6" though. Probably had 38, 39, or 40's on it. I'd love to have the monster 9.5 or 12" lift, it's be really neat. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif But I think I'll end up sticking with a 6 inch.

-Grim

BADRAP
07-31-2003, 11:16 AM
Hey Grim, I have not had first hand experience with Cognito or CST, so that is up to you. I never wheeled my stuff, was not built for that, mostly show, I mean no one in their right mind will spen 60K on a 2500HD to make it look like a million and then tear it up.. haha

Good luck, as to the FTS kits holding up, I know they are good... Talk to FTS and see what they can tell you..

Bad Dawg
07-31-2003, 11:26 AM
Grim,
You might be refering to my rig. We have the Rancho 4" and the 37" MTR's. We took it on the local dealer Hummer outing a couple of weeks ago and it went through all the course like a champ. What got interesting was the side hill course where ours was a little more scary than everyone elses because of the lift, but it did just fine. Any taller of a lift and we would have really been puckered up, although we love taller lifts because of the look. It is true that I measured the lift between ours and the stock rig next to us and the 4" lift was really closer to 5 1/2" not counting the tires (see picture). It all depends on how your going to use it. If you ever think your going to get sideways on a hill then you might want to think hard about how high a lift to go with.
Something else to think about. The taller tires really affect the performance of both the engine and transmission on the road.
One more thought, The 37/12.50x17" MTR's are great tires but I wish they were fatter! They look a little skinny on the H2 even though they aren't a "small" tire. They may even be a little skinnier than the 35" BFG Mall Terraines they come with.

You can never have enough horsepower! Yellow LUX, Airforce intake, stainless headers and exhaust, Gobi rack and ladder, roof mounted off road lights, full wrap brush guard, rear light guards, outside tire carrier, Rancho 4" suspension lift, Ultra "EN4CER" 17x9 wheels, Goodyear 37/12.50R17 MT/R tires, removed side-step bars, 9.5ti warn multi-mount winch.

Bad Dawg
07-31-2003, 11:29 AM
One more.

You can never have enough horsepower! Yellow LUX, Airforce intake, stainless headers and exhaust, Gobi rack and ladder, roof mounted off road lights, full wrap brush guard, rear light guards, outside tire carrier, Rancho 4" suspension lift, Ultra "EN4CER" 17x9 wheels, Goodyear 37/12.50R17 MT/R tires, removed side-step bars, 9.5ti warn multi-mount winch.

Grim_Smoker
07-31-2003, 06:37 PM
Bad Dawg it was your rig I was talking about. It does look good, but it's just not high enough for me, it's horrible! I think I might look into the Skyjacker/SMA lift, but I'd really prefer Rancho, I trust they're products a lot. As for tires, I'd really like a set of the new Nitto Mud Grapplers. Don't really like the MT/R's.

-Grim

blg615
08-01-2003, 09:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Grim_Smoker:
. Probably had 38, 39, or 40's on it.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
yes mr. smoker, it did have 40s on it. and I guess that "tiny" was a bit of exaggeration. My kid was giving me crap about how little ours looked. Side by side, the door handles were about 6" difference. I guess the big ass tires made it look MUCH bigger.

Bad Dawg
08-04-2003, 02:47 PM
I'm stuck with the MT/R's untill I wear them out. Which might be a long time, I hear they get good milage. I'm still trying to sell my original set of BFG's and wheels. Seems most folks don't realize that the H2 wheels will bolt right up to any 8 hole Chevy/GMC. Being a mud bogger, I'm a big Super Swamper fan. I have always had good luck with them, and they don't hold on to rocks like the MT/R's tread do.

My wife was really wanting the 6" lift. Maybe on our next one http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. Wish I could afford two like some other lucky folks on here.

DiscoDancingRover
08-18-2003, 01:56 AM
I saw this on e-bay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43913&item=2428135894
You could e-mail the guy and ask him about it. He has a 9.5 inch FT lift.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Bad Dawg
08-18-2003, 11:56 AM
Chris, fun to look at, but too much chrome for me. I like a H2 with attitude but I'll save the really big lifts for my other rides.