PDA

View Full Version : Recommend Dealer Along the East Coast??

Rickster
12-09-2002, 12:20 PM
Could someone recommend a high volume dealer along the east coast? It would be helpful if they listed their inventory online too. Thanks!

Rickster
12-09-2002, 12:20 PM
Could someone recommend a high volume dealer along the east coast? It would be helpful if they listed their inventory online too. Thanks!

Dan
12-09-2002, 01:14 PM
Not sure how far away from DC you're looking for, but here's my local dealer's website in West Hartford, CT:

www.crowleyauto.com (http://www.crowleyauto.com)

I'll be over there saturday AM putting my deposit on an H2 SUT /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Rickster
12-09-2002, 01:21 PM
Cool Thanks. What color are you ordering?

Dan
12-09-2002, 01:45 PM
Well, I imagine that there may be some new colors out by then so I'm not sure. Besides, this is a waiting list deposit. The dealership won't begin to take actual orders until this time next year.
But if I had to choose right now, I'd go with the Sunset Orange... Or Black.... Hmm.... See what you started!

- Dan

Happy Hummer
12-15-2002, 08:38 PM
In Newark, Delaware. Capital Hummer was a pain in the a$$ to deal with and Anderson in Baltimore was a bunch of thieves. Mark at NUCAR was AWESOME. His number is 800-HUMMER-0.

Good luck,
ROB

2003 Hummer H2, Black Lux. Pkg, Breathless HID lights and Stage 2B engine kit, Mazzi Maximus 18" chrome wheels and BFG 35X12.50 18 KM Mud Terrain Tires, Alpine DVD Navigation System
2002 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo
2003 Honda Odyssey EX
2003 Harley V-Rod 2 Tone Anniversary Edition

HummerN23
12-15-2002, 09:15 PM
I tried to buy one from Nucar but they wouldn't sell to me as I was 'outside of their territory.' They refered me to Anderson.

Tiger Bait
12-15-2002, 10:54 PM
Where did you put the screen? I have one that I have kept out of my old vehicle and am looking to transplant into my H2 and was trying to figure out where to put the display. I haven't had it installed yet, but my choice was to have a panel built to house it in front of the mini roof console just below the sun roof. Any thoughts. I am leaving the stock stero in. I don't want to have someone screw with all that to replace the head unit. (I had a CVA 1003 in the old vehicle). Any hints would be appreciated. I want to make it as stealth as possible, while being as useful as possible.

KAC
12-15-2002, 11:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tiger Bait:
Where did you put the screen? I have one that I have kept out of my old vehicle and am looking to transplant into my H2 and was trying to figure out where to put the display. I haven't had it installed yet, but my choice was to have a panel built to house it in front of the mini roof console just below the sun roof. Any thoughts. I am leaving the stock stero in. I don't want to have someone screw with all that to replace the head unit. (I had a CVA 1003 in the old vehicle). Any hints would be appreciated. I want to make it as stealth as possible, while being as useful as possible.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know if it's possible with the monitor you have but mine is in my visor - you can see pictures here (http://www.elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=6706011751&m=7716076171). I wasn't sure how I'd like it but I've been using it for about 3 weeks and it seems to be fine.

Kim

KAC
'03 Red Adv Series

Tiger Bait
12-15-2002, 11:39 PM
I had seen your pictures and the visor setup is nice, but I wouldn't like looking through half a windshield. I am used to having the Nav screen up all the time. Since my unit is not voice activated, but at least voice response, I could use it without the scren up, but prefer it where I can see it, for updated arrival time and distance and info.
My thought is just to right and above, in front of the mini overhead console. I would have another small console built and attached to the front and put the screen in there. I will either get the 5.8 or 7 inch Alpine. It has nav input built in. both are wide screen so I think they will fit.

Happy Hummer
12-16-2002, 02:20 PM
Hummer N23.

You are "supposed" to go to the local dealer first and if they are unhelpful then you can goto another dealer or if you are refered to them by a previous customer they will sell you the Hummer. Ask for Mark and tell him Rob with the black hummer from Street Maryland sent ya /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

Tiger Bait.

I put the monitor on a "flexible gooseneck" and the monitor can be moved around the front seat passengers. It is mounted on the console around the floor and is 19" long. It has worked out great.

Unfortunately we just came back from vacation and my digital camera broke. I just dropped it off today to get fixed and will have it back in a few weeks. I will post pics then.

Good Luck,
ROB

Tiger Bait
12-16-2002, 11:53 PM
Thanks so much for the feedback. I have given that option a lot of thought, but each time I mention it, my installer says that he thinks it will shake too much. Was there a brand name on that gooseneck and if you don't mind how much did it cost? He tells me they can order almost anything to do an install. My current thought is to have him build a small box and mount it to the left of the gauge cluster just behind the AC vent. My vision in that direction is blocked by inspection stickers and the like, so I wouldn't be losing any outbound visbility. What do you think?

Happy Hummer
12-18-2002, 03:05 PM
It does not shake at all. I have the Alpine 5.8" monitor and it is perfect. I like the fact that I can unscrew it from the holder in a matter of seconds and hide it somewhere.

Tiger Bait
12-18-2002, 03:57 PM
Thanks, I have liked the idea of it for a while, but haven't pushed it. My installer is very experienced, so I trust his judgement. I will discuss it further with him. BTW, was there a brnad name on yours? ANd how much did it cost, to give me an idea.

Happy Hummer
12-19-2002, 04:44 PM
No brand name and it was about $19.00. You could also use a solid metal pedestal mount from the bottom of the console. That works fine too!

Good Luck,
ROB

Tiger Bait
12-19-2002, 06:25 PM
I really will have him anchor is solidly. Bending down the goose neck or taking the "head" off of it completely will be a big advantage.