PDA

View Full Version : H1 Tires.....

4x4 USA
11-16-2004, 02:33 AM
Just wondering ive hear it takes about 8 hours to mount the tires on a hummer i was just wondering how much it costs.

4x4 USA
Just wondering ive hear it takes about 8 hours to mount the tires on a hummer i was just wondering how much it costs.

4x4 USA

ssgharkness020147
11-16-2004, 02:58 AM
A truck with runflats can take up to 8 hours costing about 800.00 to mount and balance them at your local stealership. Which rims do you have? The amount of time that it takes to change tires on a HUMMER depends on which rims you have and if you have runflats. What year is your truck? If you could post the size of the rim and or add a pic of them so they can be identified rims. If your truck still has the run flats on ditch them. They tend to come a bit loose over time causing your truck to shake like crazy. Also the run flats are the reason that the tires take about 8 hours to mount, without them you will GREATLY reduce the amount of time it takes to mount new tires.

4x4 USA
11-16-2004, 03:08 AM
its a 00' hummer with teh chrome rim... like this...

http://www.lynchhummer.com/invpages2/p394.html

ssgharkness020147
11-16-2004, 05:02 AM
Those are AMG factory 17 inch one piece almuinum rims. Changing tires on those wheels with out the runflats is just like changing a regular tire. With the runflats its a real apin in the ass, and your only real option to install them is at the dealership (they require some special tools). If you choose to remove your runflats (provided you still have them) any shop that deals with large tires should be able to do the job. What tires are you going to buy next?

4x4 USA
11-16-2004, 11:25 AM
what would you recommend? im thinking of getting the Wranger MT from goodyear they claim to be "puncture proof" but i doubt that, ive heard good things about them and they are supposively not to loud on the high way either.

4x4 USA
11-16-2004, 11:26 AM
i take it since my wheels are from the factory they have the runflats in them?

4x4 USA
11-16-2004, 01:43 PM
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Wrangler+MT%2FR&vehicleSearch=true&partnum=725R7WRMTR&fromCompare1=yes

I think thats the best price on those tires i have found...

JollyRoger
11-16-2004, 05:09 PM
I had heard that the NanKings were good, and they have a "Hummer" Tire for the HMMWV or H1

I cannot find them though.

ssgharkness020147
11-16-2004, 08:41 PM
I have Parnelli Jones Dirt Grip tires on my truck. Aside from having some balancing issues I have been happy with them. They make very little noise on the road, offer a smooth ride, and will take you anywere you want to go off road. The MTR's that yo are looking at are supposed to be a good all around tire. But are pretty hard to find right now, which is bad is you blow out a tire and have to track down another. This (http://www.amghummer.com/features/Tires/tires.htm) website has all the availible tires for the H1 and might make your choice a bit easier.

ckhagman
11-17-2004, 12:01 PM
Do not get the MT's. Are you changing from GSA's to MT's? When I replaced my rims and tires I bought 1 piece hutchinson rims from www.amghummer.com (http://www.amghummer.com). Granted I heard that my old rims had one that was bend but making the changing from MT's to MTR's felt like a huge change. From what I hear from others the MTR's ride like GSA's and the MT's are rough and loud.

4x4 USA
11-18-2004, 03:22 AM
Has anyone had tires installed on their h1 that wasnt a dealer, im thinking of tire rack in Indiana but im afraid they will mess it up!!!

ssgharkness020147
11-18-2004, 03:53 AM
With the one piece wheels that you have most shops can install the tires (provided you remove the runflats). I have found that most places wont touch a HUMMER, probably because they think you have the two piece wheels which require a special socket to seperate the halfs. And of course there are the runflats which again require special toos that only your dealer has. You will also find that CTIS scares shops, CTIS does not make a difference when doing tire work, it has a valve stem just like every other tire. If you want shoot me an email off list at ssgharkness020147@yahoo.com and I can give you the names of a couple of shops in my area (about and hour and fifteen minutes from your house) that could put new tires on your truck.

4x4 USA
11-18-2004, 12:52 PM
that would be great....

prthd4353@comcast.net