PDA

View Full Version : NEw guage cluster and DTC codes

timgco
01-09-2005, 10:42 PM
Hello there. I got my 03 H2 back from the dealer. After 5 days in the shop they sent my guage cluster out to be repaired. The tach was sticking.
So when I got it back, i plugged in my Power Programmer and two DTC's came up.
P0650
P0654
Anyone know what these are?

timgco
Hello there. I got my 03 H2 back from the dealer. After 5 days in the shop they sent my guage cluster out to be repaired. The tach was sticking.
P0650
P0654

timgco
P0650
P0654

J.T.H2
01-09-2005, 10:58 PM
This is off a booklet that someone gave me when I had some code questions. Hopefully these apply to your H2.
P0650 - Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) Control Circuit
P0654 - Engine RPM Output Circuit Malfunction

If these codes do not correspond to what someone else might have please let me know so that I can toss this booklet.

LasVegas
01-09-2005, 11:09 PM
Go here http://www.diagnosticdialog.com/LookupCode.asp You can look up all the dtc codes

timgco
01-09-2005, 11:13 PM
Thanks for the help guys.
So what the hell do those translate too?
I have the jumper wire for the DRL's. That may be number 1 DTC

I don't know what the second one is though.

LasVegas
01-09-2005, 11:14 PM
P.S. If I had to guess these are stored codes from the malfunction that they didn't clear out. When I installed my Hypertech programmer it brought back a B2600 code (double lock motor frozen) but it works okay and I cleared the code and it hasn't come back. They should have cleared the code. That's Hummers http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Hummie2
01-09-2005, 11:30 PM
Tim...

As said before they were probably old codes. clear them and see if they come back.

Here it is from the shop manual. You can either clear the codes manualy with your scan tool or wait for 40 warm up cycles and they will self clear if the problem doesn't happen again.

DTC P0654
Circuit Description
The PCM creates the engine speed signal by pulsing the circuit to ground. The PCM monitors the voltage on the engine speed signal circuit. If the PCM determines that the voltage is not within the normal operating range, the PCM sets a DTC.
Conditions for Running the DTC
The engine speed is greater than 400 RPM.
The ignition voltage is greater than 6 volts, but less than 18 volts.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
The PCM detects that the commanded state of the driver and the actual state of the signal circuit do not match.
The above condition exists for a minimum of 5.0 seconds.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
The PCM stores the DTC information in memory when the diagnostic test runs and fails.
The malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) will not illuminate.
The PCM records the operating conditions at the time when the diagnostic test fails. The PCM stores this information in the Failure Records.
Conditions for Clearing the MIL/DTC
The DTC becomes history when the conditions for setting the DTC are no longer present.
A history DTC is cleared after 40 consecutive malfunction free warm-up cycles.

Hummie2
01-09-2005, 11:31 PM
same for P 0654

DTC P0654

Circuit Description
The PCM creates the engine speed signal by pulsing the circuit to ground. The PCM monitors the voltage on the engine speed signal circuit. If the PCM determines that the voltage is not within the normal operating range, the PCM sets a DTC.
The engine speed is greater than 400 RPM.
The ignition voltage is greater than 6 volts, but less than 18 volts.
The PCM detects that the commanded state of the driver and the actual state of the signal circuit do not match.
The above condition exists for a minimum of 5.0 seconds.
The PCM stores the DTC information in memory when the diagnostic test runs and fails.
The malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) will not illuminate.
The PCM records the operating conditions at the time when the diagnostic test fails. The PCM stores this information in the Failure Records.
Conditions for Clearing the MIL/DTC
The DTC becomes history when the conditions for setting the DTC are no longer present.
A history DTC is cleared after 40 consecutive malfunction free warm-up cycles.

timgco
01-10-2005, 12:34 AM
Thanks hummie2.
I did clear them and than checked again and they did not come back.
I guess I'll see if thewy come back. I have a road trip back to WI to see the family (3500 round trip). Should be Ok though.
Thanks again for the info.

J.T.H2
01-10-2005, 12:40 AM
Since we are on the subject...When I was programming my H2 the DTC code that I was getting was B0229. According to my guide it say that it is a "HVAC Actuator Circuit". Again I do not know if this guide pertains to my H2. Is this the correct code description, and if it is, what the heck does it mean? Thanks

H2ZRESQ
01-10-2005, 01:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by timgco:
Thanks hummie2.
I did clear them and than checked again and they did not come back.
I guess I'll see if thewy come back. I have a road trip back to WI to see the family (3500 round trip). Should be Ok though.
Thanks again for the info. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tim

I just bought you a dual CB antenna system. That way you can talk to the truckers on the way back to Wisconsin. Besides, that POC that you have now needs to go away http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Should be here soon.
~2ZRESQ

Hummie2
01-10-2005, 07:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by J.T.H2:
Since we are on the subject...When I was programming my H2 the DTC code that I was getting was _B0229_. According to my guide it say that it is a _"HVAC Actuator Circuit"_. Again I do not know if this guide pertains to my H2. Is this the correct code description, and if it is, what the heck does it mean? Thanks <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DTC B0229, B0414, B0424, or B3770
Circuit Description
The following DTC's are for the HVAC door actuators:

B0229 is for the recirculation actuator.
B0414 is for the left air temperature actuator.
B0424 is for the right air temperature actuator.
B3770 is for the mode actuator.
The HVAC control module controls the HVAC door actuators to regulate the airflow through the HVAC system. Each actuator consists of a stepper motor, a logic circuit, and a potentiometer. The potentiometer inside the door actuator allows the module to monitor the current position of the actuator drive shaft. The module supplies a 5 volt source voltage to the potentiometer on the 5 volt reference circuit. The module supplies ground to the potentiometer through the low reference circuit. The HVAC control module monitors the voltage drop across the potentiometer on the door position signal circuit. When the actuator shaft rotates, the voltage on the door position signal circuit changes. The module converts the voltage value to a count value where 1 volt is approximately equal to 51 counts.

The HVAC control module calibrates the travel range of the HVAC door actuators when it is initially powered by the battery positive voltage circuit. During calibration, the module commands the actuators in each direction until door travel is stopped. The module stores the minimum door positions and the maximum door positions of each actuator into memory. The total travel range is calculated by subtracting the minimum door position from the maximum door position. The door actuators can be calibrated again with a scan tool.

Battery voltage is 8.7-16.5 volts.
The ignition is ON.
The DTC sets when one of the following conditions are present:

The actual door position value for the actuator is less than 5 counts.
The actual door position value for the actuator is greater than 250 counts.
The actuator fails calibration because the calculated travel range value is too great or too small.
If the DTC sets because the actual door position value is out of range, the HVAC control module will command the actuator to a default position.
If the DTC sets because the actuator failed a calibration, the HVAC control module will attempt to calibrate the motor in the next transition from OFF to RUN mode.
Conditions for Clearing the DTC
The DTC will become history if the HVAC control module no longer detects the condition that set the DTC.
The history DTC will clear after 100 fault free ignition cycles.
The DTC can be cleared with a scan tool.
Diagnostic Aids
If the condition is not present refer to Testing for Intermittent and Poor Connections in Wiring Systems.
If the DTC sets following a calibration of the door actuator, inspect the door and the actuator for the following conditions:
A misaligned actuator
Broken linkages or binding linkages
A broken door or a binding door
An obstruction that prevents the door from operating within the full range of motion
Missing seals to the door
Poor connections at the harness connector of the door actuator

J.T.H2
01-10-2005, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the info Hummie!