PDA

View Full Version : h1 towable

package deal
12-03-2004, 04:00 AM
has anyone towed a h1 for an extended period of time such as behind a motorhome? any problems with doing this?

package deal
has anyone towed a h1 for an extended period of time such as behind a motorhome? any problems with doing this?

package deal

ckhagman
12-03-2004, 10:32 AM
from what i have heard you should disconnect the drive shafts first. I would personally put it on a trailer. Charlie Piper makes a disconnect for the front drive shaft so that you can drive in 2-wheel drive also. Dave Breggin of Blue Hummer Outfitters and Scot Smith from Southern Axle are developing a new t-case for the truck so it has more than the factory options. 2-wheel drive, 4 high, 4 low 4 low lock, 4 low unlocked, etc. I do not remember the exact specs but it is currently installed in a few trucks for testing purposes.

Shawn from Angry Iron
12-04-2004, 01:55 AM
That is why you have a nutral position on your Tcase shifter. It can be flat towed the military even have tow bars for them. Your owners manuel should cover this. shift both trans and t case into nutral and you can tow it all dat long. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif