PDA

View Full Version : Full Throttle Lift Kit

MSeeb
08-18-2005, 09:45 PM
Finally decided to take the plunge and put a 6" lift kit on my H2. I thought I had it narrrowed down to the Fabtech kit, but am now having reservations, mainly based on what seems to be some minor issues with the Fabtech kits. I have recently come accross another kit put out by a company called Full Throttle Suspension. Their kit is a 6.5" lift kit which is a little more money than the Fabtech kit but thats OK, as long as it's worth it.

My question is, have any of you heard of this company or kit (Full Throttle Suspension)? If so, any pro's or con's would be appreciated. Their web site if interested is: http://www.fullthrottlesuspension.com
Thanks

MSeeb
08-18-2005, 09:45 PM
Finally decided to take the plunge and put a 6" lift kit on my H2. I thought I had it narrrowed down to the Fabtech kit, but am now having reservations, mainly based on what seems to be some minor issues with the Fabtech kits. I have recently come accross another kit put out by a company called Full Throttle Suspension. Their kit is a 6.5" lift kit which is a little more money than the Fabtech kit but thats OK, as long as it's worth it.

My question is, have any of you heard of this company or kit (Full Throttle Suspension)? If so, any pro's or con's would be appreciated. Their web site if interested is: http://www.fullthrottlesuspension.com
Thanks

PARAGON
08-18-2005, 09:55 PM
I would suggest getting in touch with Hummers Gone Wild. John will be able to set you straight on FTS and he knows his stuff.

search for hummersgonewild here or you can find him at http://www.hummersgonewild.com

HGW
08-18-2005, 10:24 PM
Thanks Paragon:

Mseeb: You need to contact me. I will PM you my cell number.

There are two kits that answer your mail. One is the FTS 6.5 and the other is BulletProofSuspension 6.0. These kits are more expensive than Fabtech but both are fantastic.

They both require knowledgeable installers. I have them both. In fact, we are buying parts of one of these kits right now and putting some rear pieces onto a Fabtech install. The drop down on Fabtech is shakey and breaks sometimes.

Also due to the fact that the spindles on the Fabtech kit, change the width of the front of the H2, this kit does not track like the FTS or BP. I also believe, with no proof that this is the cause of rear panhard bar problems on the Fabtech kit.

Remember, they cost more which is why some people go with other kits.

HGW
08-19-2005, 03:57 PM
Phil:

I will back out of this post now.

You must have a Fabtech. I want to make it clear that if you check my previous posts, the only thing I have ever bashed on here is GM. I did not think for a second that I was bashing Fabtech. I have fixed plenty of rear components---that is a fact---not a bash.

I have also had a number of people who have asked me to make their Fabtech kits track properly. That's all. I sell Fabtech like everyone else.

The reason the FTS kit on my website does not have a price is because I custom design options for each person depending on the use of their vehicle. I also custom order each shock based on a number of factors. In addtion, some people need tubular panhard bars, lower control arms, etc. based on use. I also use different ties rods and steering componets based on intended use as well. None of my installs are one size fits all. They are as custom as you can get including fabrication of components like custom driveshafts, etc. when tires larger than 40" are used.

I do not intend to have any back and forth bashing on here, so I am done with this post. Sorry if I hit a nerve.