PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else running 37x13.5s on stock rims?

JohnnyRPM
11-08-2005, 02:27 PM
I know Jerry (DRMILES) has some experience with this but has anyone else run this size on a stock rim?

I found some 37" Toyo Open Country MTs finally and they'll be here Monday.

I got some 1.5" spacers on Ebay (auction) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevy-8-Lug-Truck-Wheels-1-5-Wheel-Spacers_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42614QQitemZ801 1494146QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW) but they just arrived and I'm concerned that the aluminum lugs and nuts on them aren't up to the task. They're much small in diameter than the steel stockers. So I'd rather just leave them on the stock rims as-is and deal with some minor rubbing issues....if they are indeed minor.

Like I said, I have Jerry's input...anyone else try this setup? Most of my off-roading adventures include muddy construction lots, dirt roads and unpaved snowy roads and driveways so I'm not real worried about rubbing under full articulation or anything.

Am I gonna be able to live with this day to day?

Thanks,

-John

JohnnyRPM
11-08-2005, 02:27 PM
I know Jerry (DRMILES) has some experience with this but has anyone else run this size on a stock rim?

I found some 37" Toyo Open Country MTs finally and they'll be here Monday.

I got some 1.5" spacers on Ebay (auction) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevy-8-Lug-Truck-Wheels-1-5-Wheel-Spacers_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42614QQitemZ801 1494146QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW) but they just arrived and I'm concerned that the aluminum lugs and nuts on them aren't up to the task. They're much small in diameter than the steel stockers. So I'd rather just leave them on the stock rims as-is and deal with some minor rubbing issues....if they are indeed minor.

Like I said, I have Jerry's input...anyone else try this setup? Most of my off-roading adventures include muddy construction lots, dirt roads and unpaved snowy roads and driveways so I'm not real worried about rubbing under full articulation or anything.

Am I gonna be able to live with this day to day?

Thanks,

-John

VTSTOMPER
11-08-2005, 04:34 PM
for some weird reason - I thought people just ran them with stock wheels in stock form...and had no rubbing. I could be wrong - and I probably am. But that is what I was led to think.