PDA

View Full Version : Got Altitude??

alpha
01-19-2003, 04:15 PM
I picked up my H2 from the dealer in So CA, and proceeded immediately to Colorado for a Christmas of Skiing. When I got to Aspen (on rte. 70) my watch was reading about 11,500 feet+/-, suddenly "service air suspension" started flashing on my dash. I called On-Star to ask if they knew what it was and they put me in touch with CO. Springs Hummer (great Guys). I brought the truck in upon arrival in CO Springs. They said that there is a "High altitude software update" that should have been done to the truck upon delivery. It helps with Engine Fuel management/Air suspension management. The fact that it wasn't done caused a sensor to go bad due to the low density air. They said that maybe because my So. Ca. dealer is at sea level that they weren't aware of it. In any event, they replaced the sensor and did the update, and all was good. I asked what will happen when I drop back down to sea level (I live 5 minutes from the beach in Newport/Mesa area) and they said it is merely an addition to the current software, +some minor bug fixes? Sooooo, if you are planning to go anywhere over 10K' I would suggest getting this update. By the way the Suspension locked in one place when the sensor failed. We got to the hotel and unloaded the gear (400lbs+ of ski gear and xmas gifts) and it was a stiff ride over to the dealer, but they insisted that it was OK to do so. They said the average dealer may not be aware of the software, but it is available, and very recomended no matter where you are. They also said (FYI) that Cadillac is authorized to service H2 air suspension in an emergency. Good Luck......Safe Hummin'.

alpha
01-19-2003, 04:15 PM
I picked up my H2 from the dealer in So CA, and proceeded immediately to Colorado for a Christmas of Skiing. When I got to Aspen (on rte. 70) my watch was reading about 11,500 feet+/-, suddenly "service air suspension" started flashing on my dash. I called On-Star to ask if they knew what it was and they put me in touch with CO. Springs Hummer (great Guys). I brought the truck in upon arrival in CO Springs. They said that there is a "High altitude software update" that should have been done to the truck upon delivery. It helps with Engine Fuel management/Air suspension management. The fact that it wasn't done caused a sensor to go bad due to the low density air. They said that maybe because my So. Ca. dealer is at sea level that they weren't aware of it. In any event, they replaced the sensor and did the update, and all was good. I asked what will happen when I drop back down to sea level (I live 5 minutes from the beach in Newport/Mesa area) and they said it is merely an addition to the current software, +some minor bug fixes? Sooooo, if you are planning to go anywhere over 10K' I would suggest getting this update. By the way the Suspension locked in one place when the sensor failed. We got to the hotel and unloaded the gear (400lbs+ of ski gear and xmas gifts) and it was a stiff ride over to the dealer, but they insisted that it was OK to do so. They said the average dealer may not be aware of the software, but it is available, and very recomended no matter where you are. They also said (FYI) that Cadillac is authorized to service H2 air suspension in an emergency. Good Luck......Safe Hummin'.

rpv
01-20-2003, 01:53 PM
great info...will prob do the upgrade when i get the upgrade for the aircon problem in the springtime...
RPV

TonkaH2
01-20-2003, 02:01 PM
Thanks a bunch -I already asked for it from my dealer.

-Jack
Yellow H2 adv. on order [forever]
Alaska to ??? June '03
www.sunspotnatural.com (http://www.sunspotnatural.com)