PDA

View Full Version : Hypertech III problem

LasVegas
01-08-2005, 03:23 AM
Just bought the Hypertech III. Correct p/n for 03 H2. Followed the instructions to the letter. It starts to read the computer and then gives an error code number and says to restart the hypertech and if it happens again to call them. Of course they're closed for the weekend. I've tried it 3 times with the same results. Anybody else had this problem or can shed some light on this? Thanks

LasVegas
Just bought the Hypertech III. Correct p/n for 03 H2. Followed the instructions to the letter. It starts to read the computer and then gives an error code number and says to restart the hypertech and if it happens again to call them. Of course they're closed for the weekend. I've tried it 3 times with the same results. Anybody else had this problem or can shed some light on this? Thanks

LasVegas

timgco
01-08-2005, 03:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LasVegas:
Just bought the Hypertech III. Correct p/n for 03 H2. Followed the instructions to the letter. It starts to read the computer and then gives an error code number and says to restart the hypertech and if it happens again to call them. Of course they're closed for the weekend. I've tried it 3 times with the same results. Anybody else had this problem or can shed some light on this? Thanks <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you pull your OnStar fuse? And make sure EVERYTHING is off in your truck including your headlights/ DRL's. and try again.

LasVegas
01-08-2005, 03:56 AM
Timgco....yep, pulled the Onstar fuse, set the park break for DRL's and turned headlights off. Anything else that could be running that you can think of? Also, when it starts reading the computer the chimes ding several times and some other things seem to cycle. Did yours do that?? Thanks for the reply.

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
01-08-2005, 02:58 PM
LasVegas
You have a power drain somewhere that You are overlooking.I have the Hypertech on My 99 Silverado and last year I went back to stock and then went to program . Well I had same problem Kept giving error and restart. I called Hypertech and they said power drain. He said keep looking You are overlooking something. I got to looking and had left My radar detector plugged in. I unpluged it and install went as it should and completed down load. I know this sounds so frustrating as I kept looking and looking for 2 hours and kept calling him back and He stayed on the power drain issue. Ended up he was right and I was beginning to think these people do not know what there doing.
I'm just going to say keep looking for something powered up. After that incedent a good while later it did it again and I forgot to turn off my cell phone.
Well that is what happened to Me Maybe you can find a power drain.
Rick

LasVegas
01-08-2005, 08:28 PM
TAZ... you were right. When I tried before the driver door was open and the chimes would ding when it tried to read. This time I kept the door closed and also pulled the radio and amp fuses. Don't know which was causing the problem but it went right through. Thanks for the help. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
01-08-2005, 11:43 PM
Las Vegas glad I could help. I would bet it was the door.
I do know one thing after You have had that experience every time You want to tune You get nervous and keep going thru what is on or is it off. I'll try and think have I added anything under hood I've forgotten. Like I put dual electric fans on radiator so I have to be sure and pull fuse on them.
Now with My New Baby I have to pull four fuses in cab and 4 fuses under hood and still make sure I unplugged radar detector etc.
Well congrats I was hoping I would come back and see you found the problem.
Rick
OR Taz is good also. I got that when I was starting out in peewee football. I was made a linebacker with the #15 (Bart Starr playing at the time) and would growl like I was crazy when I hit another kid. Coach said it was like I was trying to drive the other kid into the ground. So that is where TAZ came from and followed Me my whole football life. HAHA

LasVegas
01-09-2005, 12:37 AM
Funny. Thanks again

LasVegas
01-12-2005, 04:49 PM
Just a FYI for everyone. When I had this problem on Fri night I emailed Hypertech support. Just got answer. In addition to pulling fuse for Onstar, IF you have satilite radio (XM/etc) they say to pull the fuse for both the radio and the amp. AND, always have the door closed! The chimes will interrupt the process. Dummy me.