PDA

View Full Version : Possible solution for Daytime Driving Lamps

Alex
11-20-2002, 08:59 PM
There have been several topics posted about additional lighting, myself included, so I have been trying to figure out a way to run the Daytime Driving Lamps along with the headlights. I may have a solution for those that have the sunroof option and do not have the factory installed fog lights. The good news is that the foglight button and the wiring for the fog lights is there, so there is an oportunity to switch the Daytime Driving Lamps to the foglight circuit and be able to switch them on and off and still retain an all factory system. I will try this modification over the weekend and report my findings. The only obstacle I see is that the lighting have a large variance in wattage. Doe anyone know for sure?

Alex
11-20-2002, 08:59 PM
There have been several topics posted about additional lighting, myself included, so I have been trying to figure out a way to run the Daytime Driving Lamps along with the headlights. I may have a solution for those that have the sunroof option and do not have the factory installed fog lights. The good news is that the foglight button and the wiring for the fog lights is there, so there is an oportunity to switch the Daytime Driving Lamps to the foglight circuit and be able to switch them on and off and still retain an all factory system. I will try this modification over the weekend and report my findings. The only obstacle I see is that the lighting have a large variance in wattage. Doe anyone know for sure?

HeeHaw
11-20-2002, 11:32 PM
Let me know.

Hee /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Happy Hummer
11-21-2002, 12:00 AM
I was planning to look at the wiring in a few weeks also. I had a 2000 Ford Lightning pick up with fog lights that only worked with the haedlights. I wanted to run them with the parking lights on too, so I just wired in another switch to turn them on anytime I wanted them on. I will let you know what my findings are also.

Good Luck,
ROB

Alex
11-21-2002, 12:54 PM
Last night I traced all the wiring and found the fog light set, so wiring won't be an issue. The only modification is that the button is NOT there, so an aftermarket one will need to be used. I plan on going to the dealership on Saturady for further technical advice, but will keep you posted.