PDA

View Full Version : Interior Tie-Downs

H2-T2
12-19-2002, 10:25 PM
Why the heck would they put the tie-downs on the inside of the lift-gate, instead of in the rear floor? This has me scratching my head!

Gary H2-T2

H2-T2
12-19-2002, 10:25 PM
Why the heck would they put the tie-downs on the inside of the lift-gate, instead of in the rear floor? This has me scratching my head!

Gary H2-T2

Hummer Man
12-20-2002, 12:17 AM
The LOOPS on the lift gate are actually for an AWNING / PICNIC TABLE SYSTEM - The Awning was to attach to the lift gate when it is in its open posistion. The whole idea was scraped because of an image problem that would take away from the "TOGH GUY" HUMMER IMAGE and make it look to much like Mom's Picnic car. They are currently creating marketing that will have a story line about using the Awning for "TAILGATE" parties and "CAMPING" in the great outdoors. Then you will see this option and a use for the loops.

TS
12-20-2002, 12:42 AM
Hummer Man,
That is too funny. Specially in light of the comments on the "Negative comments" thread.

H2Jim
12-20-2002, 02:40 PM
I have been hoping someone would come-up with a good solution to this tiedown issue. My Tahoe had great tiedowns in the bed and came with a nice tiedown net. I kept the net when I sold the Tahoe, but AAARRRGGGHHHH, no tiedown loops!

If this continues to be the biggest complaint I have on buying a first-year model, I'll be a happy boy!

JCJ
12-20-2002, 02:49 PM
I have the awning and chair set and used it several times already on the beach.
See pic posted (Hummer, Hobie & Honey on beach).
Many people walking by, esp. tourists form the US, found the set-up very cool. (For which comment they receive a cool Heineken of course.)
The awning is attached to the lift-gate loops and is held up with two poles. These are fixed to the Hobie trailer with accompanying ropes to withstand the ever present trade wind.
So no negative image at all!

H2-T2
12-20-2002, 02:50 PM
I also kept the net from my Yukon Denali XL, thinking, "this will sure come in handy in the H2". Yeah, right...
gary..