PDA

View Full Version : Air compressor installation

HummMe
02-14-2004, 07:48 PM
I just purchased a Viair 450c compressor for my H2. I was wondering where some of you have mounted your compressors. Pictures would be great. Thanks.

HummMe
02-14-2004, 07:48 PM
I just purchased a Viair 450c compressor for my H2. I was wondering where some of you have mounted your compressors. Pictures would be great. Thanks.

HGW
02-15-2004, 12:14 AM
Did you get a storge tank too? Just wondering.

HummMe
02-15-2004, 10:04 AM
Not yet I want to see how it is airing up my tires first. If it is too slow and I can find somewhere to mount the tank then I will get one.

johnnyrako
02-15-2004, 10:29 PM
I mounted my storage tank and air compressor under the truck on the frame. It's for my air horns but it should be similar setup.

unaslob
02-18-2004, 12:13 AM
i mounted a 14 inch tank under my rear bumper...

A TANK IS A MUST!!! especially a bigger one. it makes the airing up a breeze... plus then you can install some front and rear quick disconnects and use any air powertool you want..

unaslob

Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad 'tip'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX CB, Dual 4' Firestik fiberglass whips, front tinted windows, 7" Homer Simpson decal (teehee)!

HummMe
02-18-2004, 09:58 AM
Unaslob thanks for the reply,do you have any more pictures of your install? Where is your compressor mounted? And where did you buy your tank?

unaslob
02-19-2004, 12:27 AM
i will get some pics of the compressor install. I installed it the same place the realwheels compressor goes.. in fact i got the same compresssor.. realwheels will not sell you the compressor without the horn. the ppl that make the compressor and a number of great horns. there is a company called component parts. they sell hadley stuff separately.. they also sell the airlines and valves and what ever you would need.

will take the F$king heavy winch off to get you some nice pics of the compressor.. plus will get some better pics of the tank...lanyard...ect

unaslob

Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad 'tip'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX CB, Dual 4' Firestik fiberglass whips, front tinted windows, 7" Homer Simpson decal (teehee)!

H2Finally
02-19-2004, 01:50 AM
UNASLOB, can you use your compresson to dry the Hummer after a carwash (or heavy rain)? I noticed that the "handwash" carwash in my area are using compressed air to push water especially in nooks & crannies of the car.

04 Pewter