PDA

View Full Version : H3 publicity

kjfswkr
03-30-2005, 12:15 PM
How come we don't see any H3 publicity. I remember when the H2 was coming out I would see billboards with a pic of it. It seem to be very quiet in this area.

Kevin

kjfswkr
03-30-2005, 12:15 PM
How come we don't see any H3 publicity. I remember when the H2 was coming out I would see billboards with a pic of it. It seem to be very quiet in this area.

Kevin

Hummertech
03-30-2005, 03:07 PM
Gm is launching a big advertising blast during the NFL draft in April. If you want to check out the advertising, watch the draft. It should continue steadily after that.

H3 Builder
03-31-2005, 12:24 AM
I have heard they will crank it up by May. Then everyone will know about the H3.

tonka61
03-31-2005, 01:42 PM
I have to get a suv for my wife and its just hard to make the right choice due to this lack of i dont no what to call it. If hummer is interested in getting on the ball so people can make a good choice then i think they need to get the h3 out to the dealerships. Alot of my friends are looking to get vechiles before summer and im sure alot more out there doing the same and looking at pics just isn't going to cut it. I know you can order but i don't think that is agressive enough. Hummer is going to loooose alot of vehicle purchases if they don't step it up. All this hype has been going on long does anyone feel the same way.

kjfswkr
03-31-2005, 02:48 PM
While I am thinking of getting a H3, I will not order one without seeing and perhaps test driving it. I am lkooking forward to seeing it.

Kevin

Hummertech
03-31-2005, 03:19 PM
I can see many people are anxious. It's just 2 more months. I'm sure if you are seriously considering the H3 you can wait. I've seen what they can do, and I've seen the side by side
compairisons. The H3 blows away it's competition. If you want a unique, luxury mid size sport utility, then this is the choice.

usetosellhummer
03-31-2005, 07:55 PM
When the H2 launched, they couldn't keep up with demand. GM will wait spending so much dough. As a former Hummer brand Mgr. I can also tell you that a large burden on advertising has been pushed over to the individual dealers.
We had to run only approved GM produced spots with a small local tag. Most dealers are waiting to spend thier money till the product is shipping. GM is known for pushbacks on launch and a hold on shipments can happen if nay problems come up quick.

H3 Builder
04-01-2005, 12:57 AM
It's been pushed back before from original end of Feb to April 18 and I doubt if that will change. There is always that chance, but I hope not.

usetosellhummer
04-01-2005, 07:42 PM
what stage are you in builder? any rolling off?
Do you know anything about a sheet metal problem causing the hood to posibally recall not long after roll out?

H3 Builder
04-02-2005, 04:02 PM
No , That is not a problem. We are gearing up for production and haven't heard of anything to slow this down.

tonka61
04-02-2005, 07:58 PM
ok here we go! I went to 3 hummer dealerships and talk about pissy attitudes. I had to pull
teeth in order to get sales. Talk about not being interested in selling the H3. What I notice as i left each place was line up with H2. My wife said to me while we drove away think they want to sell the H2 first. I swear i could of handed the sales person a bag of money and he wasn't going to sell sheit.

H3 Builder
04-03-2005, 02:12 PM
I know what I have heard first hand from the top that they are looking for the H3 to make Hummer a legit brand and jump up their sales of everything. I got to visit the H2 plant, and folks there where excited for us and them as they also feel that this suv will help them also. As for that dealer, they are probably under some stress to get rid of other H's on the lot. But from my feeling, alot of dealers focus on today instead of tomorrow. They should look at building future sales of people. Now for H3 and later as an upgrade to H2 or H1. I Know that there are not a lot of dealers, but maybe you can find another that will do better. Try being a GM employee and the dealer and sales people make little off of you. I've been told that they had paying coustomers and I would have to wait, of course I didn't and went somewhere where I was welcome.

usetosellhummer
04-04-2005, 08:03 PM
Your right! the dealer lives in the minute and pressure was great. That is part of the reason I got out and went back to broadcasting.

HUMMER H3 4 ME
04-04-2005, 09:34 PM
I was told from a friend while he was at a car wash he was looking through a magazine and saw an ad for the H3. he said he forgot what magazine it was, possibly SI. He wasn't sure though.

H3 Builder
04-10-2005, 02:18 AM
Here you go. I guess this is the first? Go to this link:

http://games.espn.go.com/draftforecast/frontpage

H3 Builder
04-17-2005, 02:06 AM
I went to thhe book store and picked up a ESPN the magazine, April 25 edition, pages 72 & 73 full page picture with little writeup. Hopefully a lot more to come.