PDA

View Full Version : 20' Rims and 4 inch Lift

belezeebub
04-05-2004, 06:06 PM
I want to get the 4 Inch rancho List for my upcomming H2 but I also think the black hummer posted here on 20's Wheels looks nice.

So here is my question if I got the 20' rims and the lift kit could I find big enough tires to fill the wheel wells (so many lifted SUV have wheels and tires that look just plain silly lifted)

ANyone got a photo of a lifted H2 on 20's or something about that size?

belezeebub
I want to get the 4 Inch rancho List for my upcomming H2 but I also think the black hummer posted here on 20's Wheels looks nice.

So here is my question if I got the 20' rims and the lift kit could I find big enough tires to fill the wheel wells (so many lifted SUV have wheels and tires that look just plain silly lifted)

belezeebub

JamesT
04-05-2004, 06:09 PM
I've got a 6" lift ans at the time, 6 mos ago, there were no 20" wheels for any tires that would fit properly. Here's a pic of mine.

H2_SUT_SC
04-05-2004, 07:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JamesT:
I've got a 6" lift ans at the time, 6 mos ago, there were no 20" wheels for any tires that would fit properly. Here's a pic of mine. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What size rims/tires are you running in that pic?

belezeebub
04-05-2004, 07:31 PM
The Rims I am looking at are the
Mazzi Hulk 20 x 8.5

http://www.custom-wheels-car-rims.com/Mazzi_Wheels_Rims.cfm

With the

Toyo Toyo Open Country A/T Parts - 20 Inch
http://www.seffects.com/catalog/product.asp?ProductCode=TOYOCAT325-60-20&MainCategory=&Category=

Anyone know how much rub I’ll get with a 4-inch lift?? And if I will loose any Ground clearance with 20” Rims?

JamesT
04-05-2004, 09:24 PM
18"s on 37's. Moving up to a 38 next week.

H2_SUT_SC
04-05-2004, 10:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by belezeebub:
The Rims I am looking at are the
Mazzi Hulk 20 x 8.5

http://www.custom-wheels-car-rims.com/Mazzi_Wheels_Rims.cfm

With the

Toyo Toyo Open Country A/T Parts - 20 Inch
http://www.seffects.com/catalog/product.asp?ProductCode=TOYOCAT325-60-20&MainCategory=&Category=

Anyone know how much rub I’ll get with a 4-inch lift?? And if I will loose any Ground clearance with 20” Rims? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

With a 325/60R20 tire you shouldn't rub stock, nevermind the lift. I know a guy who has those tires on 20x11's and they don't rub. An 8.5" sure as hell won't.

I don't see the point of lifting it unless you're putting on 38x15.5's or something like that. Fill me in.

fallen
04-06-2004, 03:46 AM
Here is a pic of my baby with the rancho lift and 20" wheels with 39.5" tires.
http://www.themonstersound.com/h2/DSC00371.jpg

belezeebub
04-06-2004, 12:59 PM
That is the look I want, tell me do those tires rub ?

KenP
04-06-2004, 01:20 PM
Fallen, that looks great. You filled the wells nicely. I think that is one of the appearance problems with lifted H2's, not enough tire. Good job.

H2_SUT_SC
04-06-2004, 02:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KenP:
Fallen, that looks great. You filled the wells nicely. I think that is one of the appearance problems with lifted H2's, not enough tire. Good job. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I totally agree. That's why I'd never lift a truck that had 325/60R20's (20's on a 36" tire)

Isn't it funny how an H2 can have 40" tires and look just a tad bigger than stock. You put 40" tires on an F-350 and it's a monster. LOL

fallen
04-06-2004, 02:56 PM
Thanks Guys, I am really happy with the way the 39.5's filled out as well. As for rubbing, during normal driving there is no problem. The only time they rub is when i'm out getting dirty and even then they dont rub that much. the only complaint i have so far is keeping them balanced. BTW i have more pics of the truck at http://www.themonstersound.com/h2/ there are a couple in there with 20" wheels and 36" tires. That was a combo i had to ride with until the 39.5's came in. needles to say i was not happy with that combo.

belezeebub
04-06-2004, 03:16 PM
You need bigger fender flairs so that they don't kick up crap and scratch the paint.

How do those ties wear ?

are they pretty Noisey on the road or at high way speeds.

how hard is it to keep them balanced ?

have you noticed any problems stopping them with the stock breaks or have you upgraded that as well.

fallen
04-06-2004, 04:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by belezeebub:
You need bigger fender flairs so that they don't kick up crap and scratch the paint.

How do those ties wear ?

are they pretty Noisey on the road or at high way speeds.

how hard is it to keep them balanced ?

have you noticed any problems stopping them with the stock breaks or have you upgraded that as well. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure about the wear, i just got them in january. So far so good on that end. They are a little on the soft side so that worries me, although i have not torn them up on the rocks yet.

They are noisy on the road, but lucky for me i own a stereo shop so i just put the volume up louder.

Keeping them balanced is difficult but only because i dont want to do weights on the outer lip. Want to keep them looking nice. So i need to keep getting them balanced every 6-8 weeks but i do take this thing out every weekend to tear it up a bit so i think that adds a lot to the tires not keeping balanced.

As for stopping it is not too bad but i am planning on upgrading soon. Its an 8 piston per caliper kit and its gigantic biggest one for the h2, will let you know once i actualy get one in and install it. for this kit you need 19+ wheels in order to fit them in there.

H2_SUT_SC
04-06-2004, 04:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fallen:
Thanks Guys, I am really happy with the way the 39.5's filled out as well. As for rubbing, during normal driving there is no problem. The only time they rub is when i'm out getting dirty and even then they dont rub that much. the only complaint i have so far is keeping them balanced. BTW i have more pics of the truck at http://www.themonstersound.com/h2/ there are a couple in there with 20" wheels and 36" tires. That was a combo i had to ride with until the 39.5's came in. needles to say i was not happy with that combo. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could you tell me what size width your 20's are? They look great with the 36's if it didn't have the lift. But yeah it definitely needs the 40's with the lift. It looks great now. Also, what size width is your new tire?

fallen
04-08-2004, 05:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by H2_SUT_SC:

Could you tell me what size width your 20's are? They look great with the 36's if it didn't have the lift. But yeah it definitely needs the 40's with the lift. It looks great now. Also, what size width is your new tire? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe the 20's are 10 inches wide and the tires are about 14-14.5" wide i'll double check for you tomorrow tho.

KenP
04-08-2004, 05:28 PM
Bee is right about one thing, you are going to get crap all over the side of your truck. I only have 325/65s and I always sem to find the smallest of puddles immediately after washing the truck. Puts junk all over the side of it. But I am not going to put on wider flare and certainly not installing flaps. Just do not know what to do. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

H2_SUT_SC
04-08-2004, 08:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fallen:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by H2_SUT_SC:

Could you tell me what size width your 20's are? They look great with the 36's if it didn't have the lift. But yeah it definitely needs the 40's with the lift. It looks great now. Also, what size width is your new tire? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe the 20's are 10 inches wide and the tires are about 14-14.5" wide i'll double check for you tomorrow tho. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your tires are 39.5x15R20.

Here are those same tires with a 5.5" Skyjacker lift. I think it looks pretty sick. Makes me want to be the first lifted SUT. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I put the photoshopped pic in the bored thread on the gen forum.

kacyk
09-08-2004, 05:11 AM
Anyone know if 37/13.50-20 tires will rub with no lift?

frank6150
09-08-2004, 11:11 AM
You will be ok with the height and as long as the backspacing on the rim is more than the factory one it should push the tire away a little further so the extra width doesn't create a problem.