PDA

View Full Version : Colorado H2 Newbie Q's

BAMFH2
09-22-2003, 07:44 PM
Been lurking around for the past month absorbing all of the fantatic insights the group has around the H2.

Looking to pick up my H2 sometime (after my Z06 sells) mid next week. The H2 is going to be my daily driver, but expect to spend some serious time in the Rocky Mountains (hopefully chasing Alec and Adam & co.)4-wheeling etc.

A couple q's:

Removable U steps or tubular steps? Are the U steps a lot better (clearance wise) for off roading?

Any option that you wished you would have had installed from the beginning but didn't?

Anyone purchase the Truck Vault? Impressions?

Lastly, Winch - which model and advice whether to have it hard mounted versus removable?

Thanks for the advice! Looking forward to adding to the forum soon versus being the "info" leach I have been the past couple months.

BAMFH2
09-22-2003, 07:44 PM
Been lurking around for the past month absorbing all of the fantatic insights the group has around the H2.

Looking to pick up my H2 sometime (after my Z06 sells) mid next week. The H2 is going to be my daily driver, but expect to spend some serious time in the Rocky Mountains (hopefully chasing Alec and Adam & co.)4-wheeling etc.

A couple q's:

Removable U steps or tubular steps? Are the U steps a lot better (clearance wise) for off roading?

Any option that you wished you would have had installed from the beginning but didn't?

Anyone purchase the Truck Vault? Impressions?

Lastly, Winch - which model and advice whether to have it hard mounted versus removable?

Thanks for the advice! Looking forward to adding to the forum soon versus being the "info" leach I have been the past couple months.

mpetrich
09-22-2003, 07:50 PM
Hi,
I have the tubular steps and when I go off road, I just remove them all together to increase ground clearance. I am not too sure about the u steps. They seem easy to take off but I am not sure that when they are off, if there is the the same amount of clearance when my tubular steps are removed.
Hope that helps,
Matt

Albie
09-22-2003, 08:11 PM
same here, easy to take off.