PDA

View Full Version : need custom audio installer in the Bay Area

nikramos
04-06-2004, 04:45 AM
Anyone have any recommendations for a custom stereo shop here in the Bay Area who has worked on the H2.

thanks for any responses
Nick

nikramos
Anyone have any recommendations for a custom stereo shop here in the Bay Area who has worked on the H2.

thanks for any responses
Nick

nikramos

thanks for any responses
Nick

drouke
04-06-2004, 07:55 AM
I'm sure West Coast Customs will Pimp your ride.

H2_SUT_SC
04-06-2004, 02:08 PM
LOL West Coast Customs is in So Cal although they do some totally trick work. I'm actually considering going down there to have them put in this.

I'm not sure of any place in the bay area but there has to be. 310 Motoring, West Coast Customs and others are a few hour drive.

H2_SUT_SC
04-06-2004, 02:11 PM
That's either a 9" or 10" screen.

There are many degrees of "custom" just as there are many degrees of offroad or bling.

I consider this custom just as much as I consider the next pic custom. I'd only do the first one but that's just my taste.

H2_SUT_SC
04-06-2004, 02:12 PM
Burberry interior anyone?? http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

drouke
04-06-2004, 10:48 PM
I actually did talk to them about that setup. They want $600 just for the custom piece that surrounds that 10 inch screen. Plus they tuck the factory deck behind it. I also heard something about that setup being illegal in cali now.....

H2Finally
04-07-2004, 03:25 AM
nikarmos, you may want to PM MAC or DRTYFN -- they're familiar with the Bay area.

Btw, thank you for posting! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

KIDZBOX
04-07-2004, 04:28 AM
nikarmos, I've had a lot of success with Lotts in Santa Cruz. Kinda the Bay area! They've done work for me on my H2 and have also worked on several other of my vehicles. They also do a lot of work or Canepa.

Big Bob
04-08-2004, 03:30 AM
I have been happy with the work Monney Car Audio in Redwood City has done on my 2002 Denali as well as my 1966 GT Mustang. The owner (Leo Monney) is the one you want to talk to on very custom work. I believe he has a shop in your area as well, but I have not had any work done there.

George
04-08-2004, 03:37 AM
CPS in Rohnert Park, CA they do great work and do A LOT Of HUMMERS!....

H2Finally
04-08-2004, 04:16 AM
Big Bob, welcome! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

MountainH2
04-08-2004, 12:10 PM
So what do they do to that trim piece? I imagine they cut it and probably bondo (or some kind of material), but what is the spray they put on it to give it the factory look? That looks awesome!!!

SF H2
04-14-2004, 04:11 PM
The guys at Auto Symphony in SF did a great job on mine (and they'd done another H2 before). Alpine DVD Nav, mounted the screen flush to the dash where the factory stereo was, put a new Alpine head unit where the Onstar was, moved the onstar to underneath the steering column and installed a backup camera under the tow hitch. I'll post pics this weekend.

H2_SUT_SC
04-14-2004, 04:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SF H2:
The guys at Auto Symphony in SF did a great job on mine (and they'd done another H2 before). Alpine DVD Nav, mounted the screen flush to the dash where the factory stereo was, put a new Alpine head unit where the Onstar was, moved the onstar to underneath the steering column and installed a backup camera under the tow hitch. I'll post pics this weekend. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not a touch screen is it? I thought Alpines touch screens were only on the motorized units.

TBarrow
04-15-2004, 01:56 AM
The Alpine screen mounts perfect where the factory head unit went. I had the Alpine 7996 XM-DVD mounted where the onstar was. It is a 6.5" screen and it is not a touch screen. The Alpine Nav system was installed facing the passenger side where the Bose sub was and plays through the same screen. I also had a 110v outlet installed next to it so I could charge my laptop and get Email through out the day.

SF H2
04-16-2004, 06:23 PM
HR_SUT_SC - It's not a touch screen. I had the previous incarnation of the motorized unit, the CVA-1005, and I actually didn't like it that much. I found I kept it open all the time, and so why not just get a clean flush mount monitor? I took pics today and will upload tonight.

4churchill
05-19-2004, 10:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by George:
CPS in Rohnert Park, CA they do great work and do A LOT Of HUMMERS!.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i got to sonoma state...where is CPS in Rohnert Park? I ent to Cartonics in SantaRosa for an estimate, but i don't really know if i trust them