PDA

View Full Version : Factory Sunroof

dochummer
11-10-2004, 02:27 AM
Anybody know the part numbers for the factory sunroof and the needed accessories? I have an aftermarket one and am thinking about throwing in the larger factory one. I need the overhead console # also. Thanks

dochummer
Anybody know the part numbers for the factory sunroof and the needed accessories? I have an aftermarket one and am thinking about throwing in the larger factory one. I need the overhead console # also. Thanks

dochummer

kacyk
11-10-2004, 05:26 AM
Paragon seems to have the part number for everything but man, that is going to be an expensive venture. I don't have a Sunroof but would love one. Did you say you have an aftermarket one now? Is it a manual (lift off type)?

dochummer
11-10-2004, 05:57 AM
It's a webasto sunroof- i think the hollianda 700 series, the biggest they've got. It's actually a pretty good sunroof, no problems with it so far except for some minor vibration that I think needs a drop of grease, and if the roof is open only half way, the glass vibrates. Other than that, it's pretty nice. The only thing that really bothers me is the overhead console, they chopped the original down and put a makeshift end on it (towards the windshield). Didn't really notice it at first, but when I started looking closely, figured out that it definately wasn't the factory edition. I guess the biggest question from me would be how much the factory overhead console would cost? And would it fit correctly as far as replacing what I have now.

dochummer
11-10-2004, 05:59 AM
Oh, as far as manual. It's fully electronic, just like the factory, has the tilt or full open option, and slides into the roof, as opposed to above the roof. If that makes any sense. It's just like the factory, except maybe a touch smaller and the control pad is different.

sclui56
11-10-2004, 06:37 AM
doc, I helped out a friend in early 80's and he was a Webasto dealer, back then most of the Volvo's & Bimmers didn't come with factory S/R and he had a pretty decent business in putting these in for some major dealers. These are the same units Webasto OEM for a lot of the foreign imports.

I remember it was quite a bit of chop (oops, body) work to install one of these in that they would cut away some of the cross braces for the opening, and welded in the frame for the S/R for structural integrity.

I would imagine that if you were going to go with the factory roof, quite a bit of body work as well as upholstery work are required. May want to contact Webasto and locate a dealer/installer near you just to get some ball park #'s for the labor.

PARAGON
11-10-2004, 12:19 PM
The roof is made to accept a sunroof, whether you get the factory installed or not. There are no additional cross braces if you opt to not get the factory sunroof, so installing an aftermarket one is easy and should be OK.

The part number for the short overhead console, I think, is 15065809. Personally, I would keep your aftermarket sunroof and either get the factory short console installed or find one of the aftermarket consoles to install.

Here is a blow up of the stock sunroof with the part numbers.

dochummer
11-11-2004, 04:06 AM
Thanks for the info and advice. Any idea on aftermarket short consoles? All i can find are the long ones. And any idea how much the factory short console is? Is it pre-drilled for the factory sunroof controls?

Spike
11-11-2004, 05:26 AM
The factory short console (part # 15065809) list price is $1001.60.

dochummer
11-11-2004, 12:14 PM
$1001.60?!?!

dochummer
01-04-2005, 06:00 AM
Ok, back to the sunroof. Anybody know how to program the webasto pads? I took mine to get some service done down in AZ at the local hummer dealership, and I think they reset the settings. Only two of the buttons work now....#1 and #2, the close and arrow buttons don't work....