PDA

View Full Version : programing the home intrgration system

Roadstar
04-18-2006, 01:39 AM
hey guys I just purchased an '06 last week. I am in love with my hummer. As I become aquainted with the car I keep finding out more things to love. I am having trouble programing my garage door opener. I have followed the manual but don't seem to have any siccess. Any one have any advice, aside from going to the dealer?

dochummer
04-18-2006, 02:21 AM
What kind of garage opener do you have?

Roadstar
04-18-2006, 08:47 AM
hey thanks for the reply.

I have one of those sears specials. Probably like 10-15 years old???

HummerNewbie
04-18-2006, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Roadstar:

Probably won't work with your opener.

It\'s a Dry Heat
04-18-2006, 12:44 PM
There is a trick with the rotating codes garage opener system to get it to work. I've not got mine to work either. I have an "i" drive.

MovinH2
04-18-2006, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Roadstar:

Probably won't work with your opener. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

X2. Mine does though. I just followed the directions. Probably too old man. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

dochummer
04-18-2006, 01:54 PM
Not necessarily. My parent's openers are 25 yrs old, and they work just fine. Did you use the train button on the opener itself or on the remote?

DDWH
04-18-2006, 04:11 PM
I have a Sears aswell...I put a rotating code system on it. I still can't get the home link in my wifes Audi or in my H2 to work...I guess I didn't spend enough time on it, but after about 30mins of clearing and resetting, etc...I just said F-it!

Roadstar
04-18-2006, 05:10 PM
I followed the manual instructions, hold down the home link system button untill it blinks slowly, press the opener button and continue holding the H2's button untilthe light blinks faster. Then nothing???

Adam^_^
04-18-2006, 05:17 PM
i have a "genie intellicode" and it doesnt work either

NJ H2
04-18-2006, 05:36 PM
I have a Sears and also spent 30 min. trying to get it to work. For whatever reason I deceided to try training the middle Home link button and it worked. Don't ask me why but it worked!
It's worth a shot.

HummBob
04-18-2006, 06:48 PM
For everyone who CANNOT make it work, try instead of using step #3 in the manual, use the next page where it says "GATE OPERATOR AND CANADIAN PROGRAMMING" then continue as normal with step #4 etc.

I think this should work http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Boss Hoss
04-18-2006, 07:20 PM
Mine works fine....i didnt notice anybody mention in addition to using the garage door clicker for programming, on some units you have to push a button on the garage motor unit(i think its called the learn button).

intimidator
04-18-2006, 08:01 PM
try new batteries in the garage door transmitter it worked for me.

Racer-X
04-18-2006, 08:45 PM
The instructions in the H2 manual never worked for me. (rotating code opener)

So, I tried the instructions for the opener itself and programing a for a new remote (which is loosely what Boss Hoss is suggesting). Bingo.

You should be able to find old manuals online.

Ompus
04-19-2006, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by It's a Dry Heat:
There is a trick with the rotating codes garage opener system to get it to work. I've not got mine to work either. I have an "i" drive.

I also have an "i" drive and got mine to work. If I remember right I also had to skip a step and do the Canadian thingy..

Don't give up, it took me a while, but I got mine working.

Planohummer
04-19-2006, 09:16 PM
Go to this site:
www.homelink.com (http://www.homelink.com)
instructions in PDF. program the truck first, then the door opener
i-drive notoriously difficult to get to work.

Roadstar
04-21-2006, 09:25 PM
well don't ask me how but i finally got it to work. i tried everything so i can't really say which worked. i'm just happy it is working. now i have to try and get the home security system remote to work.

wish me luck!! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif