PDA

View Full Version : Damm f&*King piece of ****!!!

H2 Daddy
11-29-2003, 01:30 AM
My H2's transfer case just broke for the third time this year. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

I stepped on the gas to try and get quickly across a busy road and the piece of **** transfer case exploded and left me sitting half way out in the road. Oil and chunks of metal and plastic spilled out on the road. I am discussed with this vehicle. Two of the three times the TC broke I was just driving on the road.

Anyone else have transfercase problems?

H2 Daddy
11-29-2003, 01:30 AM
My H2's transfer case just broke for the third time this year. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

I stepped on the gas to try and get quickly across a busy road and the piece of **** transfer case exploded and left me sitting half way out in the road. Oil and chunks of metal and plastic spilled out on the road. I am discussed with this vehicle. Two of the three times the TC broke I was just driving on the road.

Anyone else have transfercase problems?

alecs wife
11-29-2003, 11:52 AM
My case just broke. The change forks and the change ring broke. These are made of plastic. I use my t-case alll the time. It will be in the shop for 9 days.

Sounds to me that you should be getting a new truck under lemon law. You should check into the laws in your state. This certainly affects driveability and safty. Make sure that the incedences happened within the first of ownership and within maufacturs warrenty. Then you have a case.

R2

Front Locker, Stealth winch, 37" Super Swampers SSR,low center of gravity = Ultimate H2

Hummer Man
11-29-2003, 12:05 PM
This problem seems more and more common. I believe there was a major revision (FIX) for 2004 for this problem.

H2 Daddy
11-29-2003, 02:25 PM
I am calling my state's Attorney General Monday morning. This is definitely a dangerous fault. Thank god my family and I were on a 30 mph street when this happened. What if we were crossing a 70 mph highway and our H2 left us stranded in the middle? luckly three other guys helped me push it off the road. I also have witnesses, our neighbors saw the whole thing and gave my wife a ride home to get out other car.

I am wondering if GM will try to give us an 03 or could I get an 04? What about all the upgrades I put on? Will they switch them over? I put on Headers (threw out the stock exhaust manafold), Corsa, Airaid MIT and filter, DVD with flip down screen (dealer installed), Power points front and rear for the winch, rear tire carrier, back-up camera. I get a feeling I will get totally screwed.

H2 Daddy
11-29-2003, 02:37 PM
Here is a picture of the carnage.

Big Z
11-29-2003, 03:02 PM
Bummer! You got a Super Charger on that thing?

alecs wife
11-29-2003, 04:21 PM
From what I understand, you need to restore it back to its original form, as mouch as possible. I would caushion you on the airaid!!! Gm may want to cancel warrenty on engin.

You need to call a lemon law attorney..

Good luck

Front Locker, Stealth winch, 37" Super Swampers SSR,low center of gravity = Ultimate H2

buddy
11-29-2003, 04:47 PM
That sure looks like some pretty piss poor castings. Is it the picture or are those pieces as porous as they look? I know the cast TC housings are usually porous, but the gears too? Did the dealer replace the entire TC or just replace the previous broken parts and salvage the rest.

Hope GM's got a fix..and soon. It's just one of those 1st year bugs that will require a bigger dose engineering to get it well. Maybe Dr. Goodwrench got a cure on the way.Let's hope.. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Centerfire
11-29-2003, 05:55 PM
Do you do heavy off road or just street..

I can see the Headers possibly the exhaust and intake being a possible escape for GM....

Good Luck keep us posted.

Mike

H2 Daddy
11-29-2003, 06:59 PM
No Supercharger

They just replaced parts on the last two repairs. Guess they will have to put in a new transfer case now.

I do off-road but drive most of the time (98%) on the street.

The picture is accurate, the parts are as porous as they look.

I can change any of the parts back because it was towed into the dealer.

I also thought the dealer had to prove the modification caused the damage.

Patriot
11-30-2003, 01:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> would caushion you on the airaid!!! Gm may want to cancel warrenty on engin. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Horse-puckey....

unaslob
11-30-2003, 03:37 AM
man... you know the things you put on, had nothing to do with what happened to your truck... but GM is going to take you to the coals over the upgrades.... that is what is going to hang you up

keep us informed.

unaslob

Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad 'tip'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX CB, Dual 4' Firestik fiberglass whips, front tinted windows, 7" Homer Simpson decal (teehee)!

RonB
11-30-2003, 03:01 PM
this is why adding a front locker (badly needed) is making me nervous. The service tech at Hummer 1000 Oaks said it would void warranty on the front diff, and maybe the t-case (he wasn't sure about the t-case). This guy has always been way cool to deal with so I trust him.

R2, any feedback from the dealer on your front locker? I was 90% going for it, now I'm 50/50.

alecs wife
11-30-2003, 03:17 PM
My t-case did not fail due to the front locker. The plastic forks broke durring changing modes from lock to open. This repair is covered under warrenty.

I definatly encourge you to do your home work.

Zing
11-30-2003, 10:44 PM
Look at the bright side, at least you weren't crossing train tracks.

H2 Daddy
12-02-2003, 10:20 PM
Ok, I have calmed down and want my H2 back from the dealer. They did not say a word about the modifications. They shouldn't any way. The mods are very mild and have nothing to do with the TC problem. My dealer has a great service manager. He said he was going to fight for a new TC. I said they would need a new TC. He said no, they could get a new case use the parts that are still good. After he got an answer from GM he is going to overnight a new TC case and get me on the road in a few days. They gave me a Cadillac to drive.

Drag
12-02-2003, 11:31 PM
H2 Daddy, I'm glad to hear that you got your rig back, but I would still caution you to have an attorney around. The parts may get replaced by the dealer, but make sure that the dealer has authorized it with GM. Otherwise, GM will investigate, and charge the dealer back for the cost of repairs, which is then passed on to you.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!

H2 Daddy
12-03-2003, 01:05 AM
I have not gotten my H2 back yet. I will be filing a lemon law case if the TC breaks again. In Minnesota the law is four times with the same repair and you have a case. This break down is number three.

H2 Daddy
12-05-2003, 01:18 AM
It is official. I got my H2 back today with a new transfer case. No questions were raised about the intake and exhaust mods.