PDA

View Full Version : Air Intake Sys.

H2Chuck
11-21-2004, 12:49 AM
Can someone that has relaced the stock air induction system tell me if it is worth the cost.Was the performance worth the price and,if so what would you recommend?

H2Chuck
Can someone that has relaced the stock air induction system tell me if it is worth the cost.Was the performance worth the price and,if so what would you recommend?

H2Chuck

Big Z
11-21-2004, 02:12 AM
I've been running an Extreme Flow system for two years. I put the stock intake back on and haven't went back! The stock intakes as good as any K&N set-up. I'd recommend putting your bucks into a good exhaust system and keep the stock intake. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

HummerLV
11-21-2004, 02:39 AM
i have the volant system, comes with own closed box plus filter is reusable. don't know about power increase because i have the hypertech programmer and corsa cat back so my power was increased already, but does breath better.

dochummer
11-21-2004, 10:26 PM
I have an airaid intake with Granatelli MAF. It seems to have a better pick-up than before. I've driven another h2 with the same setup and a stock one back to back, and it seemed the upgraded intake had more spunk. The only think to be concerned about really is if you're fording through water...

H2Chuck
11-21-2004, 10:37 PM
Thanks guys for your input.I have ran K&N on different things and I guess on certain apps it does it job.

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
11-21-2004, 11:59 PM
I had just got My 05 in May and the first I could tell was it lacked any low end. I put a throttle body spacer and cold air intake and could immediately feel the throttle responce and low jumped up respectably. I just got a programer for it and set it by programmer's advice to rv/tow mode and boy it felt like I was driving something different.

jebia
11-23-2004, 01:41 PM
RLTAZH2,

What brand of throttle body spacer did you get? Who did you buy it from?

Thanks in advance,

Jon
'04 H2

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
11-23-2004, 04:32 PM
Enhanced Performance Products and I think it is called the Helix Power Tower. It is a small company here in Little Rock Arkansas. They sell a nice Air intake that I have on. I have K@N on 99 Silverado and they have some patented things in thiers I have not seen any where. They did build programers and sell the ProFlash Programmer.
Competion Cams out of Memphis wanted into the market and they came over to Little Rock and bought that part of Dean's business out.
He said an offer He could not refuse. He is VP and co-founder of company but when I got my spacer and intake He jumped in the H2 ran it around back into his shop installed it and charged Me only for discounted price for equipment and got me one of the first programers from Comp. cams last week. He said just to show his gratitude for coming by in May 04 to let them know 05 was out and usng my rig to help speed thier process. It helped them get a head start on some of the other programers I think. Well I'm telling You that as He has been a great guy in helping Me.
Call and ask for Dean 501-687-0888. I have gotten good advice from him and they used My 05 to read the program and had to right new software as when they hooked up they discovered 05's came out with all new software than the older models. Tell Him The guy with the 05 Gray Hummer that He helped out put You on to him. He is a real nice guy and knows the performance end well. I do not now if they sell direct unless You are in thier market as I seem to remember Him mentioning dist.and retailers. If nothing else He can send You to someone who can sell it to You. He said We have relied more on word of mouth than anything else. I think they got a SEMA award a few years back for thier stuff.
Hope this helps

vip808
11-24-2004, 12:54 AM
RLTAZH2,
Does the shop you got the programmer from have a website? I live in Hawaii and haven't been able to find a programmer for my '05 anywhere. I've e-mailed about every programmer co. on the web and have been told that I'd have to wait for several months.
Aloha

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
11-24-2004, 02:08 PM
I'm not sure on the Website. Search Enhanced Performance Products or call Dean at the phone # I listed in post above. Since they sold Programmer end of the business to Competion Cams they may not sell them any more. Search Competion Cams in Memphis TN you may find somethng there. I assume this is the only programmer out for 05 and that is why both companies have been grateful that I stopped in to EPP back in June 04 to talk to Dean as it has gotten them a couple of months jump on everyone else for 05 model H2. Hypertech told me back in June it would after Jan. 05 before they had anything for 05 H2. Both of these companies have been very nice and done some extra things for me because as far as I'm concerned it was just an accident that I walked in to see Dean. But they feel like they would be equal or behind on programer if I had not stopped in so they have been real nice.
Rick