PDA

View Full Version : New member here looking for some info on Humvee Millitary style Coil Whip antenna

johnnyrako
12-17-2003, 04:56 PM
Do any of you know about this style of antenna and how to get it? I saw a guy with one on a H1 in Chicago and it looked cool as hell. I talked to him and he said he had it modified to work as a CB antenna. It was four years ago and I never thought I would own a Hummer back then.
Also, I have the dinky Hadley style air horns inside my engine compartment on my fire wall right now. I managed to get some big rig style 18inch trumpets. I am having a hard time finding a place for them. Any suggestions? Not on the roof though.

johnnyrako
12-17-2003, 04:56 PM
Do any of you know about this style of antenna and how to get it? I saw a guy with one on a H1 in Chicago and it looked cool as hell. I talked to him and he said he had it modified to work as a CB antenna. It was four years ago and I never thought I would own a Hummer back then.
Also, I have the dinky Hadley style air horns inside my engine compartment on my fire wall right now. I managed to get some big rig style 18inch trumpets. I am having a hard time finding a place for them. Any suggestions? Not on the roof though.

cyberaxe
12-17-2003, 08:52 PM
You might want to try these guys.......

Kascar (http://www.real4wd.com/)

They might know.

unaslob
12-17-2003, 09:18 PM
I have two 4 foot whips mounted on my roof. LOOKS AWESOME!!! the one functions as a CB... and the other is an AM/FM antenna.

let me know what you are really looking for, look and function wise, and i will help you.

check this site out. excellent antennas and cb equipment

www.alfenterprises.com (http://www.alfenterprises.com)

smart ppl to deal with, excellent stuff, dirt cheap too. I would advise the firestiks, they are the best. I am currently efforting a digital camera, and will be posting pics with in the next two weeks.

(also have dual wolo airhorns..)

unaslob

Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad 'tip'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX CB, Dual 4' Firestik fiberglass whips, front tinted windows, 7" Homer Simpson decal (teehee)!

Buckeye Hummer
12-17-2003, 11:50 PM
American Hummer in San Diego. I ordered the military bracket from them but then found something else. They have all of that stuff.

johnnyrako
12-19-2003, 12:18 PM
Does American Hummer have a website?

Buckeye Hummer
12-19-2003, 02:30 PM
http://4x4hummer.com/

Crappy website but they know Hummers.

johnnyrako
12-19-2003, 03:34 PM
I am just looking for the same type of set up as the military use. It's an 8 foot whip antenna on a coil spring mount. They are VHF but can be converted for CB useage.

unaslob
12-20-2003, 12:37 AM
I would assume that you would be mounting an 8 foot antenna on one of the bumpers.... most likely the rear... just so you are aware, you WILL get horrible reception and transmission of signal if it is mounted on the rear bumper....
it might be aesthetically pleasing, but essentially nonfunctional.

unaslob

Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad 'tip'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX CB, Dual 4' Firestik fiberglass whips, front tinted windows, 7" Homer Simpson decal (teehee)!