PDA

View Full Version : New Rims Are Here!!!!!

Spike
11-22-2003, 12:34 AM
I ordered 4 Helo Maxx 8's 2 days ago. Three of them came today. The forth one is still in Harrisburg according to UPS tracking. Probably be here Monday. I opened them up and they are sweet!!! There so shiney they look like jewelry. I can't wait to get these mounted and put on. I'll post pics after there on. Thanks again to HummerBabe and PewterPower for the pics and input.

2003 Yellow H2, Lux Series, Air Suspension, Front Brush Guard, Rear Tail Lamp Guards, MC2 Chrome Billet Locking Fuel Door

Spike
11-22-2003, 12:34 AM
I ordered 4 Helo Maxx 8's 2 days ago. Three of them came today. The forth one is still in Harrisburg according to UPS tracking. Probably be here Monday. I opened them up and they are sweet!!! There so shiney they look like jewelry. I can't wait to get these mounted and put on. I'll post pics after there on. Thanks again to HummerBabe and PewterPower for the pics and input.

2003 Yellow H2, Lux Series, Air Suspension, Front Brush Guard, Rear Tail Lamp Guards, MC2 Chrome Billet Locking Fuel Door

Centerfire
11-22-2003, 01:11 AM
I have them on my red H2.. they ride smooth a look good standing stll or rolling.

Mike

Spike
11-22-2003, 01:53 AM
Im psyched!!!!
Hey centerfire do you leave them on year round and if so how do they hold up in the snow/salt?

Kevin W
11-22-2003, 01:17 PM
Congrats Spike,

Only 4 hours after talking about how late packages get delivered!!!! They look great, can't wait to see them in person.

Kevin

2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, marker bezels, and chrome MC2 factory style wheels, Flowmaster exhaust, AirForce One Intake.

Spike
11-22-2003, 02:06 PM
Kev,
The guy came between 5 and 6 while the wife and I were at the store. He left a note so I went down to the local UPS and met the driver and picked them up. I couldnt wait until Monday. But as stated earlier one of the rims was still in Harrisburg as of last night, now this morning I did another track and its in Lawnside where I picked up the other three rims yesterday. Also my locking hitch step came yesterday. Looks good. Kev the pictures on the net don't do these rims any justice, they are absolutely smoking!!!
If I don't have them mounted when we get together next week, I'll already have one in the back of the truck for "display purposes". Took it to work last night to show the guys.

Circuitguy
11-22-2003, 03:36 PM
Looking good Spike! What kind of tires are you going with? Please post some pics of everything on the H2 soon, I wana check it out! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif BIG-C

White 03-H2-LUX

<a target="_blank" href="http://www.gstyle4u.com">
http://www.elcova.com/h2/gstyle.jpg</a>

Spike
11-22-2003, 10:31 PM
Big C,

As these new rims are 17x9, I am staying with the stock tires. I am not into the low profile tire look on SUV's. I will post pictures as soon as there on. I live in Jersey and I am still up in the air about mounting them now or waiting for the winter (snow)to pass. I've been told the salt on the roads can destroy chrome rims. I am wondering if I constantly clean them throughout the winter if it will prevent any damage from occuring. If thats the case I'll have them put on Mon. or Tues. Anyone with chrome rims in areas that get snow I would appreciate your feedback.

Centerfire
11-22-2003, 10:45 PM
I got the H2 in March.. Te wheels in Febr.( yep got them while waiting for the H2 delivery.)
I do nt know how they will be in the winter.. I will find out this winter.. I do not take my custom wheels off any of my 4x4's.. I Like my vec. to look good all the time. IN truth I usually get bored with my wheels and replace them every year.. My 99 Suburban has had 6 different wheel and tire combinations..
Right now I am trying to talk myself out of the same wheels in 20" with a set the 35" Nitto Grapplers.. Just can't get myself to pony up the $3500.. Still replacing my toys from the barn fire .Maybe in the spring.

I've found thru our winters with all the road salts, if I hose them off at the you spray it car washes they stay reasonably in good shape.

THe H2 doesn't fit in any of the automated washes. They average around $10.00 @ wash 1@week . SO I decided tht this winter I would take it to a detailer once a month.. He charges $80.00 to do the outside.. Not much more then an automated wash and the wheels are guaranteed to be cleaned and protected much better. Besides I won't have to freeze my old backside off once a week .
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spike:
Im psyched!!!!
Hey centerfire do you leave them on year round and if so how do they hold up in the snow/salt?

2003 Yellow H2, Lux Series, Air Suspension, Front Brush Guard, Rear Tail Lamp Guards, MC2 Chrome Billet Locking Fuel Door<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spike
11-23-2003, 12:29 AM
Centerfire,
Thanks for the reply. I have no problem stopping at the "you spray it" type car washes once or twice a week and spraying out the rims and wheel wells. Hopefully that will be enough to keep them from getting destroyed this winter. I think Im going to go for it and get them mounted Mon. or Tues.

Spike
11-23-2003, 09:34 AM
Centerfire
I know where you can get 4 Helo Maxx 8 rims in 20 inch and 4 Nitto Grappler 325-60-20 tires for $2,800.00. Mounting, Balancing and Shipping-Free. Only thing extra are lug nuts-$80.00. E- mail me your e mail address and send you the link.

Centerfire
11-23-2003, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the info.. However I still need to wait a little while.. My Barn caught fire in JUne and lost all my toys.. The insurance company did a great job regrading the $$. However I am not finished with the interior of the barn.. So need to wait to see if any toy $$$ will be left over. I will keep in mind..

Mike<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spike:
Centerfire
I know where you can get 4 Helo Maxx 8 rims in 20 inch and 4 Nitto Grappler 325-60-20 tires for $2,800.00. Mounting, Balancing and Shipping-Free. Only thing extra are lug nuts-$80.00. E- mail me your e mail address and send you the link.

2003 Yellow H2, Lux Series, Air Suspension, Front Brush Guard, Rear Tail Lamp Guards, MC2 Chrome Billet Locking Fuel Door<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>