PDA

View Full Version : Axe and Shovel mounts

Bad Dawg
11-04-2003, 07:44 PM
I sent Gobi an e-mail asking if they make or will make axe and shovel mounts for their racks but got no reply. Does anyone on here know if they are thinking of offering any accessories like this for their racks? If they don't I may design and build my own. What I have seen so far for other racks seem to look stout enough but were designed for square tube racks and look like they are a pain to remove the tools.

You can never have enough horsepower! Yellow LUX, Airforce intake, stainless headers and exhaust, Gobi rack and ladder, roof mounted off road lights, full wrap brush guard, rear light guards, outside tire carrier, Rancho 4" suspension lift, Ultra "EN4CER" 17x9 wheels, Goodyear 37/12.50R17 MT/R tires, removed side-step bars, 9.5ti warn multi-mount winch.

Bad Dawg
11-04-2003, 07:44 PM
I sent Gobi an e-mail asking if they make or will make axe and shovel mounts for their racks but got no reply. Does anyone on here know if they are thinking of offering any accessories like this for their racks? If they don't I may design and build my own. What I have seen so far for other racks seem to look stout enough but were designed for square tube racks and look like they are a pain to remove the tools.

You can never have enough horsepower! Yellow LUX, Airforce intake, stainless headers and exhaust, Gobi rack and ladder, roof mounted off road lights, full wrap brush guard, rear light guards, outside tire carrier, Rancho 4" suspension lift, Ultra "EN4CER" 17x9 wheels, Goodyear 37/12.50R17 MT/R tires, removed side-step bars, 9.5ti warn multi-mount winch.

TBarrow
11-05-2003, 02:33 AM
Sandra is at the SEMA Show. She will answer on her return I am sure. Last I spoke with Sandra they were completing a design to be released soon but no date. Sandra can give more insite next week. Great Rack.

Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Xenarc HID, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, 2-7" screens in headrests with DVD player and TV Tuner.

Bad Dawg
11-05-2003, 12:02 PM
Thank you sir. I be waitin'. I hope what they are working on doesn't require another tool to remove the axe and shovel and isn't just a wing nut. An over center cam latch type hold down would be nice with perhaps push button quick release pins to hold the clamp in place.

unaslob
11-05-2003, 12:25 PM
I emailed them several weeks ago about this very same thing and got no reply. i hope something comes out, b/c I am getting impatient.

keep us posted... unaslob

H2Oguy
11-07-2003, 12:38 AM
I have not developed a roof rack yet but am working on it in my spare time. If you don't have any luck with Gobi, which I am sure you will give me a shout and we can come up with something to suit your needs.

www.h2-outfitters.com (http://www.h2-outfitters.com)

NVR STUCK
11-11-2003, 05:06 PM
Gobi is making one. There is also a hi-lift jack mount in the works.

No Limits! You're Never Stuck in a Hummer!

NVR STUCK

NVR STUCK

NVR STUCK
11-11-2003, 05:07 PM

unaslob
11-11-2003, 10:10 PM
where do I send my money... and how much!!! unaslob

h2fan
11-11-2003, 10:41 PM
what do you do with the ax http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

RonA
11-11-2003, 10:52 PM
In Montana we have to carry an ax, shovel and bucket when off road. I am going to make a rack that will mount on the rear of the outside rear tire carrier as I left the roof rack off the truck so I could get it in the garage.

NVR STUCK
11-12-2003, 01:57 AM
I was told 30-45 days yet. No price was discussed.

Bad Dawg
11-12-2003, 11:47 AM
From the other thread about this: posted 11-12-03 05:26 AM
NVR Stuck, Thank you. Any better shots of how the axe is held at the top? I would guess something like the shovel at the bottom. What do you think of the threaded rod and knob being exposed like it is? Looks a little vulnerable to getting wacked. I was in a tight trail with trees and bushes a few weeks back and the rack did scrape a bit. Also, any prices mentioned?

unaslob
11-12-2003, 12:40 PM
my only concern is securing it from theft. unaslob

H2Norcal
11-12-2003, 01:23 PM
Hummer Solutions has a shovel/axe rack that fits on the Gobi rack. It has a simple design, easy on-and-off loading and cheap.

The kit also includes a cable lock that prevents the tools from being removed (or used to break into your H2!!!).

It is a new product and not website-a-tized yet, but you can get more information and pix from their customer support group via email: support@hummersolutions.com

Good luck.

Bad Dawg
11-13-2003, 02:22 PM
Is there any reason we couldn't mount the Gobi mounts on the back of the rack? Mounting things on the sides of trail rigs to get caught on things has always seemed strange to me.

unaslob
11-14-2003, 11:45 AM
got the pics for hummersoln's mount.. see attached probably wants around 125 for the pair, maybe less. thoughts??? feelings???

unaslob

Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad 'tip'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX CB, Dual 4' Firestik fiberglass whips, front tinted windows, 7" Homer Simpson decal (teehee)!

NVR STUCK
11-14-2003, 04:01 PM
My concern is with possibly having to remove both pieces of equipment to get one out. If you loosen it to get the shovel, will the axe fall out? If you want just the axe, will the spade fall down and hit/scratch the roof?

unaslob
11-14-2003, 08:36 PM
good call.. I would have never thought of that. I bet I would have learned about that the hard way. will have to wait for the gobi's mount. keep us posted as to the availability

unaslob

Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad 'tip'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX CB, Dual 4' Firestik fiberglass whips, front tinted windows, 7" Homer Simpson decal (teehee)!

Adam in CO
11-16-2003, 01:32 PM
Yakima makes pretty good brackets that seem to work well. I puchased mounting kits for a hilift and shovel yesterday and will replace them once GOBI has something for the stealth rack.

Adam P. Smith
Mortgage Pros, Inc.
303-407-2405 p
303-407-2414 f
aps101374@yahoo.com

Sandra
12-03-2003, 05:34 PM
Sorry, I did not see this Topic. The GOBI Ax/Shovel attachment is avilable after Christmas their is a waiting list that needs to be filled first. The Retail cost is $189.00. Please call GOBI at 720/479-9372 or
e-mail Sales@gobiracks.com and we should be able to ship them out before the end of December.

Bad Dawg
12-08-2003, 06:37 PM
Sandra, does your mount system come with the axe and shovel? $200 for a couple of brackets seems a bit high to me.

Sandra
12-08-2003, 07:13 PM
Let me give you some background on these brackets. They are designed for the forestry service who had specific requirments such as A)quick release, B)tool free removal, C)anti theft or pad lockable, D)no parts come off to loose and E) completely manufactured from stainless steel. Also either the axe or shovel can be removed with out the other if needed Unfortunatly these types of requirments cost money. They will be available to ship inthe next couple of weeks. A Strong Gobi Rack requires the best ax/shovel attachment. We do have an additional product that will be release at the end of the month. We will post as soon as it is available. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Bad Dawg
12-09-2003, 12:16 PM
Sandra, thanks for the info. Are the pictures that NVR STUCK posted shots of your brackets? Do you have any other pictures available to see how they function?
Thanks.

Bad Dawg
12-09-2003, 12:16 PM
Sandra, thanks for the info. Are the pictures that NVR STUCK posted shots of your brackets? Do you have any other pictures available to see how they function?
Thanks.

JCJ
12-09-2003, 12:34 PM
What about a jerry-can holder, say next to rear spare carrier? Any ideas?

Sandra
12-09-2003, 02:20 PM
Wait until you see the custom containers that are being built to fit the GOBI RACK. I will post pictures by the end of the month.

Bad Dawg
12-09-2003, 07:04 PM
http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I feel like I'm in a Domino's Pizza commercial. We're all running to the front door to see the latest Gobi Goodies.