PDA

View Full Version : OEM Leather Seat Upgrade...Parts needed?

madcat
10-18-2005, 05:52 PM
I am trying to change the OEM cloth seats to the Heated leather seats. I have the leather heated seat covers to change to. What parts will I need to "wire-up" the new heated seat covers. Parts I assume I'll need : door panel switches / relays? / different wire harness under seat?..... I NEED PART #'s
I got an awesome deal ($100) on the entire leather interior (wheat). Some pieces I will not be using. If anybody needs a new piece (leather cover), let me know. "V"

madcat
10-18-2005, 05:52 PM
I am trying to change the OEM cloth seats to the Heated leather seats. I have the leather heated seat covers to change to. What parts will I need to "wire-up" the new heated seat covers. Parts I assume I'll need : door panel switches / relays? / different wire harness under seat?..... I NEED PART #'s
I got an awesome deal ($100) on the entire leather interior (wheat). Some pieces I will not be using. If anybody needs a new piece (leather cover), let me know. "V"

madcat
10-19-2005, 03:57 AM
Its inevitable that the leather seats will wrinkle. Imagine if the seats were so hard and rigid that the seat didn't conform to our azzes. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif They are VERY expensive thru the dealer ($1500-ish). I found a set on ebay that are OEM. Now I need to figure out what is needed to run the butt-warmers. Wifey would take more clothes off...so she says. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

La.Swamp Lobster
10-20-2005, 12:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lucky1:
I understand that all leather will eventually crack and crease, but the H2 has unbelievably poor quality leather. My H2 only has 9000 miles and the leather is not holding up that well. Even Cadillac Escalades have Eagle Ottowa leather and that is much better than the H2 leather. I was asking about new seat covers because you stated " If anybody needs a new piece(leather cover)let me know. V " I thought you might have a hook up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

had the dealership replace all of mine because of cracking and wear issues. very cheap leather! anyway, mine was covered under warranty! would wait till i was close to the end of the warranty period and take it back to the dealer if mine were cracking at only 9000 miles, but that is just me!

H2_SUT_SC
10-20-2005, 03:04 PM
You can find better leather here.

http://www.katzkin.com/05/FC/index.html

AmericanPatriot
10-21-2005, 03:43 AM
Good advice. Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by La.Swamp Lobster:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lucky1:
I understand that all leather will eventually crack and crease, but the H2 has unbelievably poor quality leather. My H2 only has 9000 miles and the leather is not holding up that well. Even Cadillac Escalades have Eagle Ottowa leather and that is much better than the H2 leather. I was asking about new seat covers because you stated " If anybody needs a new piece(leather cover)let me know. V " I thought you might have a hook up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

had the dealership replace all of mine because of cracking and wear issues. very cheap leather! anyway, mine was covered under warranty! would wait till i was close to the end of the warranty period and take it back to the dealer if mine were cracking at only 9000 miles, but that is just me! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>