PDA

View Full Version : wiring help......reverse circuit?

WHOSNEXT
03-28-2006, 03:05 PM
Hello, I’m getting ready to hook up back up camera and looking for the reverse circuit? Is this the easiest place to get 12 volt signal for reverse? Can same power be found in the fuse box? Any help would be appreciated

FiremanJay
03-28-2006, 03:31 PM
what camera are you planning to use?
you can pick up the reverse circuit at the plug for the hitch, which you can access that behind the rear bumper where the plug is located, as for me i tapped into the reverse light wire in my tail lights i used a diode in line so i could add a switch to allow the camera to be used when i am towing and would like to check on the trailer or the hitch, or just to turn on the camera at any time other than reverse.

PARAGON
03-28-2006, 04:09 PM
In the junction box on the firewall just to the upper left of the brake pedal, there is a green wire in there that has the backup POS signal.
It's in the C3 harness shown here. There is a little plastic nut you screw off and then the cover on the junction block pops off. Then you'll see what looks something like this picture:

PARAGON
03-28-2006, 04:10 PM
In the C3 harness find the green wire and check it to see if that is your backup wire

<table>
<TR>
<TH vAlign=center align=left colSpan=2>
<UL type=BULLET>
<LI></LI>[/list]</TH></TR>
<TR>
<TH vAlign=bottom align=middle>

Pin</P></TH>

Wire Color</P></TH>

Circuit No.</P></TH>