PDA

View Full Version : Battery Cover

rpflex
10-20-2003, 12:56 AM
I really hate the look of the stock battery cover. Does anyone know of any aftermarket battery covers, perhaps with a Hummer logo? Also, how about an aftermarket hood liner made of something a little more attractive and durable than stock. Thanks.

2003 Yellow H2
2002 Millenium Yellow/Black ZO6 Corvette
Valentine 1, CAGS defeat, Donaldson, Mallet shifter, LG Pro long tube headers / no cats, G2 LS1 Superwires, Hypertech thermostat, G2 custom carbon fiber airbridge, LS1 edit

rpflex
10-20-2003, 12:56 AM
I really hate the look of the stock battery cover. Does anyone know of any aftermarket battery covers, perhaps with a Hummer logo? Also, how about an aftermarket hood liner made of something a little more attractive and durable than stock. Thanks.

2003 Yellow H2
2002 Millenium Yellow/Black ZO6 Corvette
Valentine 1, CAGS defeat, Donaldson, Mallet shifter, LG Pro long tube headers / no cats, G2 LS1 Superwires, Hypertech thermostat, G2 custom carbon fiber airbridge, LS1 edit

KenP
10-20-2003, 01:31 AM
I do not know of any aftermarket products for you in those areas.

Just remember, as ugly as the hood liner is, it serves a purpose. If there is a fire underhood, the plastic buttons melt and the liner is to fall on the engine and help extinguish it. I do not think that works very well. We all have seen the videos of burning engines, but I believe that is the reason for it. Not to prevent heat from maring or warping the hood.

Black Lingenfelter Lux