PDA

View Full Version : air conditioner not cooling enough

ira
08-06-2005, 06:14 AM
someone please help im having probrem whit air conditioner. its browing air ok but its not cold enough. i tried evry setting on the panel,set temp lowest, pressed recirc botton, air blow max, no luck. i took it to repair shop(couse my dealer is kinda far),they said complesser is working, gas is full, pipes are cold. could be temp sensor or flap linkage not workng properly so warm air get mix with cold air. or climate control panel it self. does anyone have any idea? anyone experienced something like this? where is the temp sensor? where is the flap linkage that separating hot and cold air?
thank you.

ira
08-06-2005, 06:14 AM
someone please help im having probrem whit air conditioner. its browing air ok but its not cold enough. i tried evry setting on the panel,set temp lowest, pressed recirc botton, air blow max, no luck. i took it to repair shop(couse my dealer is kinda far),they said complesser is working, gas is full, pipes are cold. could be temp sensor or flap linkage not workng properly so warm air get mix with cold air. or climate control panel it self. does anyone have any idea? anyone experienced something like this? where is the temp sensor? where is the flap linkage that separating hot and cold air?
thank you.

H2 007
08-06-2005, 11:53 AM
I've noticed mine at times feels a little warm if it's REAL HOT outside and I'm stopped in traffic, but once I get moving and the air starts flowing through the radiator again it seems to cool down again.

ira
08-06-2005, 02:08 PM
right,that how it is in most vehicle.
yes,its summer here and VERY HOT outside.
but mine dont get cold enough even with hours of highway cruising.
there must be something wrong.
the air coming out is cold, definitely not warm but not cold enough.
i think it was much colder last year.

GeorgeSSSS
08-06-2005, 04:27 PM
Ira: There have been a number of posts about this in the last year or so. Some people are OK with their systems and others have added various types of supplemental fans to increase air flow through the AC condenser. Do some searches and see if you can find anything helpful.

Best regards,

George SSSS

H2chief
09-14-2005, 11:44 PM
I just brought my H2 to the dealer for that same problem. Air flow doors were out of sync. All they had to do was re-program it. Works great now. Tech said this is problem 98% of time. In and out in 1.5 hours.

PercyJ
08-17-2006, 01:35 AM
H2Chief is correct like a motherf*cker on this one.
I just took my truck to the dealer and got my vents adjusted. After reading his post, it made sense why you could clearly smell the exhaust of the car in front of you while the vents were closed:cool:

The heat outside was one thing, but I swear you would have seen me on the news for putting a hole in the next stop-light comedian using a musket and a screwdriver, that would see me with all the windows open and call me out for "BUDGET PIMPIN"

1Sonterra
08-17-2006, 03:32 AM
I have an '03 and had most of the A/C components replaced under warranty last summer.....a lot of the same problems. But, I can also add to make sure your battery and grounds are good.....the automatic climate control does weird stuff when it does not have good power.

vip808
08-20-2006, 07:26 AM
Is there a way to check/adjust the vents myself? Do you really need to have the dealer reprogram the vents?