PDA

View Full Version : XM Commander install

Screeper
10-22-2004, 11:07 PM
I just had my XM commander installed on my 2004 H2. They instlled it in the upper console just forward of the sunroof. The actual unit was installed in the passenger side kickboard which is where they connected the FM interface. I do not know if it would have any effect on the navigation, however it now seems to have trouble getting reception. Is this possibly interference. My imagination? Weather was clear and I had not noticed the GPS light coming on so much before. Any help as always is appreciated.

Al

Screeper
I just had my XM commander installed on my 2004 H2. They instlled it in the upper console just forward of the sunroof. The actual unit was installed in the passenger side kickboard which is where they connected the FM interface. I do not know if it would have any effect on the navigation, however it now seems to have trouble getting reception. Is this possibly interference. My imagination? Weather was clear and I had not noticed the GPS light coming on so much before. Any help as always is appreciated.

Al

Screeper

Al

Klaus
10-22-2004, 11:36 PM
Your GPS antenna is in the dash. Did you have anything sitting on the dash?

If they removed the NAV unit to setup the FM connection, they may have forgotten to plug in the green GPS antenna when reinstalling.

There is a known problem with the Roady XM receivers interfering with portable GPS units. I haven't read about any problem with the commander. Try running with the XM off to see if it makes a difference.

Where did they install the XM antenna?

Screeper
10-22-2004, 11:43 PM
I had them install it opposite the onstar antenna on the right front cab. This may be reaching a bit but right before the problems started I got a hairline crack across the top of the windshield. Actually got it on the way to the stereo shop. I cant imagine what this could affect although this vehicles complexity has always amazed me. They did not remove the dash or head unit to do the install. I really appreciate your response. I was reading your xm install and wished I had not already bought the commander.