PDA

View Full Version : Headrest monitor question

H2CominThru
12-15-2003, 06:53 PM
whats the best way to run the wire if the wire isnt concealed in the headrest post...the post and wire together are to big to fit in the seat hole...is the only other way to make my own hole on the top of the seat and fish the wire down..and suggestions would help a bunch...thanks

H2CominThru
12-15-2003, 06:53 PM
whats the best way to run the wire if the wire isnt concealed in the headrest post...the post and wire together are to big to fit in the seat hole...is the only other way to make my own hole on the top of the seat and fish the wire down..and suggestions would help a bunch...thanks

technrd
12-15-2003, 09:54 PM
located at the bottom of the seat back, unclip the seat cover retaining clip. This is a long tounge and groove clip, generally a real pain in the ass to remove, so start the removal at one of the ends. Pull the headrest out completely, so the plastic sleeve inserts will be exposed. Gently, using a flat head screwdiver, stretch the material around the sleeve base.**note**Make a couple of passes with electrical tape around the head to prevent any unwanted tears. Now once you get the connector through the stetched out top, you can gently slide the rest of the cable through to the desired length.

**Or you could just purchase a pair of SAVV OEM drop in headrests with seven inch monitors**

H2CominThru
12-16-2003, 01:26 AM
hey thanks for takin the time to help me out..any suggestions on removing the plastic strip..if i force it can it break?

technrd
12-16-2003, 12:28 PM
I wish I had somethin for ya on that one, but thats pretty much a wrap.. Those plastic strips are a real pain in the ass. I have always tried to turn those things around, there is normally enough slack witht the material that you can do that. then pull the 'woman' toawrds the front of the seat, and while using a pick tool, try to open up one of the ends first and just try to work it out...