Leonard
09-15-2003, 04:32 PM
I had a Rancho lift (4") installed and 37" GY MTRS

Leonard
09-15-2003, 04:32 PM
I had a Rancho lift (4") installed and 37" GY MTRS

Leonard
09-15-2003, 04:44 PM
As I was typing this something happened and I did not complete my information. To start over I installed a Rancho 4 inch lift and 37 inch goodyears and in about an hour of off roading in Moab on a trail rated 3+ with a certified instructor with me , both tie rods bent severly and both axel shafts pulled out. I had repairs done and went out again. We were out for about an hour again on a moderate trail and my rear left air bag blew. The steering was off so I returned to the shop who had alighned the wheels and they showed me that the new tie rod on the left side was again bent. The idler and pitman arms were very loose as well. All this with 2 hours of medium difficulty off roading. Has anyone else had simiular problems???? Please reply.

HummerTeam
09-15-2003, 05:13 PM
I just got that same lift, so I will let you know what I find when I get offroad in a couple of weeks. What did Rancho and the people who sold it to you say?

Travis

http://www.HummerTeam.com

2slo4now
09-15-2003, 06:42 PM
It seems that the inner tie rod ends are the weak link of the front suspension. Some one will offer some HD parts for it before to long.

Dan from Alabama

Buckeye Hummer
09-15-2003, 06:50 PM
2slo4now, that is the rumor and will undoubtedly be my first upgrade. I searched online today and couldn't find a replacement yet but will post it if I do.

I repeatedly hear from many sources (including jeep owners) that the stock bfg's are simply the best tire around for all around road use and all off-road use. I considered buying MTR's but have heard this so much now that I am sticking with the originals.

Albie
09-15-2003, 07:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2slo4now:
It seems that the inner tie rod ends are the weak link of the front suspension. Some one will offer some HD parts for it before to long.

Dan from Alabama<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah thats the only thing I heard breaking on the H2

ANGELO D.
09-22-2003, 04:59 PM
I have a rancho 4in lift with front airlocker and i just broke front driver side axle. I was
climbing steep rutted hill. front left tire came off the ground and when touched back down and regained traction there was a load bang and that was it. I was able to back down the hill in reverse and then put into drive inorder to get back to pavement but all of a sudden it was like car went into permanent neutral. neither front end or rear end would engage and emergency brake also failed. My h2 is at axle and gear shop and I am waiting for full damage report. I will report back with full damage report.

H2 Daddy
10-03-2003, 12:56 AM
Angelo D.

Any update yet about your H2.

My transfer case broke after my H2 began bouncing while climbing a hill. That was back in June. I have been off-road twice since then and have had no problems.

ANGELO D.
10-03-2003, 01:24 PM
H2 DADDY, MY UPDATE WAS WORSE THEN EXPECTED!
DAMAGE TOTAL: BROKEN RIGHT AND LEFT FRONT AXLES,
BROKER REAR DIFF LOCKER, BROKEN EMERENCY BRAKE,
BROKEN STEERING BOX/PITMAN ARM. THIS WAS CRAZY!
I HAVE OWNED AND POUNDED: CHEVY BLAZER/TOYOTA LANDCRUISER, DODGE RAM 150, FORD F250, I POUNDED ALL THESE VEHICLES IN THE HILLS AND NEVER EVER BROKE ANYTHING SERIOUS. I'M AFRAID TO TAKE MY H2 IN THE HILLS AGAIN, WORRIED WHAT I MIGHT BREAK NEXT. SERIOUSLY THINKING ABOUT POSSIBLY GETTING RID OF MY H2. THE PARTS JUST AREN'T HEAVY DUTY ENOUGH FOR THE WEIGHT OF THESE VEHICLES. I AM NOT A MECHANIC AND DON'T WANT TO GET STRANDED OUT IN THE BUSH SOMEWHERE.

GOOD LUCK!
ANGELO

H2 Daddy
10-04-2003, 01:45 AM
Sorry to hear it man!

Do you think the problem is because of the weight of the truck?

2slo4now
10-05-2003, 08:31 PM
Angelo

If I remember correctly you are puttin out 550+ hp. Maybe that was someone else. If you are and your **** breaks it might have something to do with doubling factory HP and not changing any driveline components.

Dan from Alabama

No offense is meant to you, your truck, or your H2 mods. Hey Bigfoot breaks stuff all the time.